sinplest language you know

RogueHart

whats the simplest, easiest language you know?

personally mine is blitz basic. ive seen people post a large piece of pseudo code to give the general idea of something and it would work put straight into a blitz basic compiler.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't used it since middle school but I think the simplest language i know would be TI Basic for the 83+.

Brings back memories of TIcalc.org.

oh yeah haha. spent most of my time in algebra coding simple games to play on the calculators lol.

• 2 weeks later...

assembly is the easiest i think. Its made up of many simple instructions.

So like a big complicated function is really just made up of many small simple instructions...

assembly and C are similar if you think about it...

notice the similarity in calling functions

asm:

invoke Sleep, 1000

c:

Sleep(1000);

but actually both lines of code convert into...

push 3E8
call Sleep

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

for me the far most easiest language to learn, even though im not a native english speaker is autoit,

you can create your own executables no dependancies standalone ... you can write the hello world in one line >>>MsgBox(0, default,"Title", "Hello World")<<< compile it with F7 and you are done.

It even comes with it's own nice IDE "SciTe" which has intellisense is flexible and has a lot of nice potential to expand by you :)

just download the stable release at www.autoitscript.com and the scite package for stable install them,

and you have a COMPLETE documentation with nice examples of EVERY function method and variable you can use.

btw: did i mentioned that you don't have to declare variables :)

here i have something for you to discover:

$a=StringSplit("547275737420796F757220546563686E6F6C75737421","")
For $b=1 To UBound($a)+(-1*-1*-1)step(2^4/8)
    Assign("c",Eval("c")&amp;Chr(Dec($a[$b]&amp;$a[$b+1])))
Next
MsgBox(0x000000,"",Eval("c"))

for me the far most easiest language to learn, even though im not a native english speaker is autoit,

you can create your own executables no dependancies standalone ... you can write the hello world in one line >>>MsgBox(0, default,"Title", "Hello World")<<< compile it with F7 and you are done.

It even comes with it's own nice IDE "SciTe" which has intellisense is flexible and has a lot of nice potential to expand by you :)

just download the stable release at www.autoitscript.com and the scite package for stable install them,

and you have a COMPLETE documentation with nice examples of EVERY function method and variable you can use.

btw: did i mentioned that you don't have to declare variables :)

here i have something for you to discover:

$a = StringSplit("547275737420796F757220546563686E6F6C75737421", "")
For $b=1 To UBound($a)+(-1*-1*-1)step(2^4/8)
    Assign("c",Eval("c")&amp;Chr(Dec($a[$b]&amp;$a[$b+1])))
Next
MsgBox(0, Default, Eval("c"))

word... autoIT is the simplest...

whats the simplest, easiest language you know?

personally mine is blitz basic. ive seen people post a large piece of pseudo code to give the general idea of something and it would work put straight into a blitz basic compiler.

I like your style RogueHart, I would say BlitzBasic is the simplest I've ever learned. Not to mention the quickest I've ever picked up (12 years old when I started BlitzBasic, now i'm on to BlitzMAX).

Graphics 800, 600

Local string$ = "Hello World"

While Not KeyHit(1)
    Cls
    Text 0, 0, string
    Flip
Wend
End

I like your style RogueHart, I would say BlitzBasic is the simplest I've ever learned. Not to mention the quickest I've ever picked up (12 years old when I started BlitzBasic, now i'm on to BlitzMAX).

Graphics 800, 600

Local string$ = "Hello World"

While Not KeyHit(1)
    Cls
    Text 0, 0, string
    Flip
Wend
End

im using blitz3d lol. havent used it in a while though but its definitely easy and quick to learn. especially when youve got a good introductory book on it lol

English of course.. then HTML

sort of good with PHP and .BAT programming

trying to learn C++ and assembly (have books on both just not enough time to read threw them all) but im slowly learning, my first C++ project im still working on is a UD keylogger, also reading a book on shell scripting.. i guess I have ADD or something i cant just sit and read threw a whole book, its like i read a couple chapters switch to another book read some, ect..