NETWORK SETUP

DABIGHURT

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My works server room, should be a new 3u rack server added into the dell if they finally convinced manger to pay for it.

s8300797.jpg

No room in server room for these machines

s8300798.jpg

18 spare machine for parts and some linux thin clients to connect to windows terminal server

s8300799.jpg

Going back to here for my summer job of IT support in 3 weeks. Always great in there as am given a lot of freedom to do what I like, when not fixing damn printers

I really enjoy looking at peoples work place setups, its like being 8 years old again in a candy store mmmmm =3

lol looks like the office's are as messy and lack the work space much like peoples home setups. XD

Here is my home setup. It's simple, I know... But it has ridiculously low latency :)

NOTES:

* WRT54G is running Tomato and has a pair or cantennas ;)

* Blackberry is linked to home network via an SSH Tunnel, and the netbook via USB & Bluetooth

* All Computers are connected wia 802.11g, except for the servers. :(

* I hate bloody printers, you have no idea how crappy HP's drivers are

post-12045-1242179295_thumb.png

you have no idea how crappy HP's drivers are.

Oh yes I do and I share your pain. Networking HP printers never goes accordingly to plan, well from my experiance anyways. A simple 5-10 minute job turns out to be a couple of bloody hours.

By the way nice home network.

I'll side with the both of you. I have despised HP printers for a LOOOOONNNG ass time. It's all Lexmark for me baby! (and with my wireless printer all you have to do is connect to it wirelessly to set it up.. the only unfortunate part is the drivers you have to install manually on ea. compy, and no linux love from lexmark.. they'll come around)

BTW! if I can just get the pix off my phone, I got some pretty sweet campus server room pix. Wasnt supposed to take them, but they have no idea who I am

keelbug, nice setup but you really need to invest ina bigger desk, that would so piss me off.

I DEMAND WORKSPACE!

Hehe Yeah thats why I bought the 2nd desk on the left but its currently being used for my CDJs.

I don't really use the desktop a lot unless i'm playing games or watching a movie. I'm usually remoted into it most of the time from my lappy on my bed.

hahaha that so sounds like me, I love wireless and remote desktop.

Yeh I did spend like $150 on a Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse but remote desktop is just easier :unsure: .

Random pic at work I found lying about...

3464910578_89e6303571_b.jpg

Our patch panel is an extreme spaghetti board... and its only going to get work with renovations all over the office :angry: .

Yeh I did spend like $150 on a Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse but remote desktop is just easier :unsure: .

Our patch panel is an extreme spaghetti board... and its only going to get work with renovations all over the office :angry: .

2 cisco 7206VXR chassis with NPE-G1 or G2s, just above 3 WS-C3524-XL-ENs. Next to it is a 4507 chassis with dual sups (sup2?), below are more 3524s.

Pretty good redundant setup!

ROFLMFAO @ Keelbugs second patch panel pic. holy shit balls. I would hate to forget where I unplugged a cable from in that setup.

Lovin your work setup, you have got some nice toys to muck around with.

Barry, real neat setup I like the blue cabinet. XD Your server kicks major ass dude nice amount of removable storage upgrade options. XD

ROFLMFAO @ Keelbugs second patch panel pic. holy shit balls. I would hate to forget where I unplugged a cable from in that setup.
Happens some times, some cables don't have clips on :(.

I usually just wait til someone calls and says they cant get to network shares or get email... or say their phone doesn't work.

I hope someones going to get paid to come in and tidy it up after all the renovations.

I'm sure as hell not doing it ;)

Lovin your work setup, you have got some nice toys to muck around with.

Barry, real neat setup I like the blue cabinet. XD Your server kicks major ass dude nice amount of removable storage upgrade options. XD

Yea, the moving company didn't like it though. It doesn't fit in the shipping crates, and it's all steel, so it weighs about 200 pounds empty.

I like your setup man! Do you have a gun near by in case of zombie infestation?