REVISION3 ADDS HAK5 PROGRAM TO HIT LINEUP

Snubs

REVISION3 ADDS HAK5 PROGRAM TO HIT LINEUP

on August 14th, 2008 at 11:41 am by David Carmona in Press Releases

—NEW EPISODES INVITE GEEKS AND HACKERS TO ‘TRUST YOUR TECHNOLUST’—

SAN FRANCISCO, CA – August 14, 2008 – Revision3, the TV network for the Internet generation, today announced that it is bringing Hak5, a home-grown hit series fusing underground culture and mainstream IT, to its weekly lineup of pop culture shows. Covering everything from network security, open source software and forensics, to Do It Yourself projects and the homebrew scene, new episodes of Hak5 will launch today on Revision3 at www.revision3.com/hak5.

“Back when we launched Tekzilla, a few fans accused us of ripping off Hak5’s brick-encrusted set. The correlation was spurious, but rather than alienate the industry’s top hackers, we decided it would be better to team up with Hak5 instead,” said Jim Louderback, CEO of Revision3. “Seriously, it’s great to have such a hardcore hacking show round out our coverage for tech fanatics everywhere. And given the street cred of the Hak5 team, I’d rather have them with us than against us.”

Hak5, known as a hybrid of technology and geek humor, has been put together by a band of IT ninjas, security professionals and gaming enthusiasts since 2005. Within its first few months on-air the show had become a hit among tech enthusiasts as well as mainstream media, and currently attracts fans from around the world.

“With this partnership we intend to focus solely on delivering the kind of unique and high quality content our loyal viewers have come to expect”, said Darren Kitchen, Producer, Hak5. “We’re excited to become a part of Revision3’s great lineup of shows – and to extend our devoted audience in the near future.”

The first Hak5 show will launch on Monday, September 8th. Episodes will be hosted by Darren Kitchen, Matt Lestock and Shannon Morse and will appear regularly every Wednesday at 12 p.m. EST.

About Revision3

Revision3 is the first media company that gets it. Born from the Internet, Revision3 is a TV network for the web, creating and producing shows for a new audience: passionate fans who want to watch shows about technology, modern culture and music that entertain, educate and help to expand their life experiences.

The company was founded in 2005 by technology visionaries Kevin Rose, Jay Adelson and David Prager, because they couldn’t find anything they wanted to watch on traditional television. The company is now led by Internet TV pioneer Jim Louderback. With more than 35 million downloads to date (and 4.2 million per month), Revision3’s programs can be found everywhere from Revision3 to a wide range of platforms, including Apple iTunes, Hulu, DivX, YouTube and PyroTV. Shows can be watched on any device, from a cell phone to an Apple Nano, on a computer or a TV.

http://revision3.com/blog/2008/08/14/revis...-to-hit-lineup/

Revision3 Brings Hak5 Into the Fold

on August 14th, 2008 at 12:04 pm by Jim Louderback in Announcements, Shows

Although we’ve been expanding the topics we cover here at Revision3, we always have a sweet spot for the hard core tech. It’s where we came from, and SYSTM and Tekzilla are still among our biggest shows. So when I met the guys from the popular online video show Hak5 at our NY Diggnation in June, naturally the conversation steered towards hooking up.

And hook up we did! I’m pleased to announce that Hak5 is coming over to Revision3, and will join our stable of oustanding online video programming. The three year old program will debut here the week of September 8th, and even more exciting for existing fans: it’s moving from monthly to weekly!

It’s been an interesting summer for Hak5. Their studios were flooded back in the spring, which resulted in a completely new set. The good news is that they built out an amazing area to shoot in, which should add even more depth and visual interest to the show.

We’re glad to have them on board. Please join me in welcoming the team from Hak5 to Revision3! I can’t wait to see the first episode (I hear it involves a pineapple, but that’s all I’ll say).

Jim Louderback

http://revision3.com/blog/2008/08/14/revis...-into-the-fold/

Revision 3 is KICK ASS. Its a pretty good idea for the merger and i support it 100%

Thanks man :D Glad we're supported! I hope everyone watched that live show we had... It was great being able to explain everything so people dont think we're just another sell out. It's a good move, just wait and see :)

I'm really excited to hear the feedback after the first month... I wanna know what everyone likes, what ya'll don't like... All that jazz :)

How is the Hak5 team going to be able to put out weekly episodes? I haven't been able to watch the Hak5 live episode yet, but did they quit their day jobs? It seems like Hak5 is becoming a full time business. Oh, and I am all for the switch. As long as there never comes a time when Rev3 says that you have to do "this" for ratings (I'm not saying it does now, just supposing). I think Rev3 could help boost Hak5 to newer audiences, and as a result make it a better show.

We ALL have day jobs... So we film the episodes on weekends... And it is a pretty full time job, but we couldn't afford quiting our day jobs... Maybe in the future... hmm, that would rock!

And it is a pretty full time job, but we couldn't afford quiting our day jobs... Maybe in the future... hmm, that would rock!

Surely more merch could help in that - some hats would be nice ;) - and a hak.5 hoodie a discussed in the live show would pretty much rock