Arp cache poisoning legallity?

PoyBoy

I don't think the arp poisoning itself can be considered illegal when you're doing it to a public hotspot, but you won't be making many friends by doing it, and your subsequent actions very well could be deemed illegal.

Regardless, such actions are sufficiently annoying and obtrusive to the rest of the people there that you're liable to get your ass kicked if found out. So legal or not, watch your back.

And no, I'm not a lawyer.

I tend to live by the rule of, if you piss off the wrong person they will find a way to make it illeagal. Especially with the way people look at a hacker today.

I live by the rule, If your depriving someone of anything, its illegal(Be it access to the wireless hotspot, or the removal of files on their computer. Copying on the other hand is a different matter. But i agree with Toxie. You make the wonrg person mad, and sneezing becomes illegal.

I live by the rule, If your depriving someone of anything, its illegal(Be it access to the wireless hotspot, or the removal of files on their computer. Copying on the other hand is a different matter. But i agree with Toxie. You make the wonrg person mad, and sneezing becomes illegal.

We are to assume that this only stands if they have the necessary right to access the hotspot in the first place, right? ;)

Copying files from a computer that you do not own or have rights to access /is/ illegal though...