Aircrack, Wireless, GPS Question

Nanob0t

Sup.

I got a $400 8.9'' Laptop and put all the 1337 goodies well over doubling the price. I have a GPS for it, it runs Linux, I have Aircrack.

I used to obsess over these forums, and I remember working on a program that hooked Google Earth, a GPS, Air Crack and such together. It cracked the networks in range of the card onboard the Laptop, and put a point on the Google Earth stating the password of the network, router type, and range. I finally have my equipment, and was wondering if anyone remembers where that was. I sadly lost my desktop in a hack battle between a bunch of people and that had all the work on it...

I did plenty of searches on the forum... Just wondering if anyone had it bookmarked or knew a project outside of the forums that has been developed.

That's all.

Thanx

Bunch of people get together and try to disable eachother's computers using protection and hacks they made. Just something a bunch of people around the state made and some people get carried away and it turns bad -.- Not too into that anymore after that. Don't feel like going into much more detail. Was an old videogame, I guess... along with who can mod different RTS games better. Had 'everything' important backed up on my Portable HD and I guess I forgot all that work I did along with much other. Just getting ready to go to college and stuff, and don't have much time to build again.

Sup.

I got a $400 8.9'' Laptop and put all the 1337 goodies well over doubling the price. I have a GPS for it, it runs Linux, I have Aircrack.

I used to obsess over these forums, and I remember working on a program that hooked Google Earth, a GPS, Air Crack and such together. It cracked the networks in range of the card onboard the Laptop, and put a point on the Google Earth stating the password of the network, router type, and range. I finally have my equipment, and was wondering if anyone remembers where that was. I sadly lost my desktop in a hack battle between a bunch of people and that had all the work on it...

I did plenty of searches on the forum... Just wondering if anyone had it bookmarked or knew a project outside of the forums that has been developed.

That's all.

Thanx

I think I know what you are talking about. Take a look around on the netstumber forums. There was a plugin that worked with Kismet to add GPS plots on google maps and google earth, but I don't remember what it was they used with Kismet, or if Kismet does it directly and they scripted the plotting on google earth from kismet dumps or whatever.

I think I know what you are talking about. Take a look around on the netstumber forums. There was a plugin that worked with Kismet to add GPS plots on google maps and google earth, but I don't remember what it was they used with Kismet, or if Kismet does it directly and they scripted the plotting on google earth from kismet dumps or whatever.

i believe the plugin was called wigle, or something like that.

www.wigle.net is the site i beleive

Sup.

That's all.

Thanx

Don't ever discuss or bragg about criminal behavior..! I bet you brag about hacking banks from your house too.

You lost your laptop in a hack battle? Why would you hand over something valuable to prove a momentary status. That is like drag racing and losing your car. STUPID STUPID STUPID!

Have dinner with them but don't fork over a laptop! You are either rich, stupid, or stole the laptop to begin with.

Since you mentioned an 8.9 inch screen I assume you are going for on of the new cute laptops. Yes they are cute and can run Linux and some security tools. But you are better off to buy a refubished / used laptop for a lot more power.

Of course hacks fall into the categories of security being moot because computational power and storage are cheap or security is moot by purely bad design that can be beaten by an MS-DOS machine or a Mac SE. Either being a machine just strong enough to run internet proticols.

If you want small and cute then go the other extreme by putting tools on a Windows cell phone, blackberry, or Nokia 810. Then aim it at target you have permission to aim at. Think riffle range versus drive by. You get the same education and get to stay out of jail.

The extremely talented would do it with "gumstix' computers. It would be like a hacking grenade because you would load it, give it a power source and see if it could hack your consentual target first. Then you up the ante and give it a limited power supply like a few cell phone batteries and see if it can hack or how far it gets before the power runs out.

There is safe and smart hacking just like there is safe sex.

Linux is free, build a box and hack it all day. 90 day and one year Windows server licenses can be had for nothing as downloads or by attending events where microsoft buys your lunch. You can build consentual targets and not go to jail and prove yourself.

To everyone.. USE YOUR BRAIN! Get your brain into a $100,00+ job not a jail cell!

• 3 weeks later...

Ummm... It is not really criminal activity first off. It is a battle between a bunch of people to develop better means of hacking/security. Just something educational and such, but I didn't make a recent backup of my computer... And it was my desktop. A lot of new things actually came from it. It is better to keep it between friends... or so they say... then go hack random people and have a high chance of getting caught. It is sort of straying from criminal behavior.

On the other hand, Braxton, I know what you are talking about with the small devices. A friend of mine who just got into college and I are working on things like that. Well... it is more turning his $300 cell phone into a brain for a robot... Just plug it in and the robot follows you and such, and you can still use the phone once you detach it. It is coming out quite nicely.

I forgot to include Kismet in the list of programs. That is the wireless network sniffer.

And dyna... Thanks for finding that site. It was not what I was looking for, but it is definitely interesting and worth disecting. I wanted to construct something of my own, but this is a wonderful start... well, new start.

If anyone has any more information... I'd be willing to look into it.

And I am going to college shortly to study Electrical and Computer Engineering. I am working toward that 100$/hr job, hopefully my own business. I got accepted into MIT this year, but unfortunately the Financial Aid did not fall through and I did not want them to make another 21 Movie based off me.

i'm 80u7 2 m4k3 1ik3 IE & cr45h.

/m3h y4wn5