your compilers

RogueHart

what compilers do you have for any and all languages you know. just post them here. im looking for a new c++ IDE.

i had the borland C++builderx but apparently the cd can no longer install the full version (sams teach yourself c++ in 24 hours. bought a long time ago. 4th edition)

and for blitz basic i've got blitz 3d.

and thats all for now.

mingw - I do everything in notepad++, but would be nice to have a nice IDE with built in functions to copy and paste code from or name completion sort of stuff. Oh wait, theres Microsofts Visual C++.

I use NetBeans for Java [with the official JDK], I haven't used Eclipse, just looked at the GUI and I didn't like it :P

For C I use Dev-C++, which is frustrating at times but nice overall.

Under linux I use vi and gcc :D

mingw - I do everything in notepad++, but would be nice to have a nice IDE with built in functions to copy and paste code from or name completion sort of stuff. Oh wait, theres Microsofts Visual C++.

i use crimson editor for most of my code editing when i dont have an IDE. crimson editor is my favorite because it highlights your code for you. but thats not the good part. besides the predefined languages it has set in it to highlight. you can also create your own for w/e language you want. ive got it setup for WolfET scripting. made life simple.

I use NetBeans for Java [with the official JDK], I haven't used Eclipse, just looked at the GUI and I didn't like it :P

For C I use Dev-C++, which is frustrating at times but nice overall.

Under linux I use vi and gcc :D

i used netbeans when i tried java but i decided to stop with java and learn c++ first.

i used devC++ for about 20 min and removed it from my hd. i could not stand that thing. far too frustrating. lol.

edit

now for my c++ ide im going to give code blocks a try.

http://www.codeblocks.org/downloads/5

digip. it uses the mingw compiler. why not give it a try if your wanting an IDE :)

I use notepad++ and Cygwin and gcc. Though I am moving to Linux (grr if only I could stop the live cd sector errors grr) so am about to take Cygwin off that list. Oh and I use the Howstuffworks.com guide for learning C then I'll probably learn another language they have guide on there.

Notepad++ can compile code to executable files? How, a special plugin?

Ive used it like regular notepad to view code and see where errors are but did not know it could compile the source code (i am new to useing it) how is it done? thanks!!

it doesn't compile the code. they just use it to edit and type code. they compile it with a regular compiler.

edit

and Emeryth. netbeans has a c++ IDE as well lol. i think you can get it as a plugin for the regular java netbeans. but you can use it for c++ if you like it.

well code blocks seems to work well for me. i tried devC++ again but it was a tad frustrating.