Worm Detection and Removal Software

kidstar64

Hi,

I am looking for a freeware program that focuses on the removal of worms. I found one from gdata.pl (no longer valid) but it is very outdated; from 2006. Anyone know of a simple all in one worm removal tool?

Windows install disk, best malware removal tool there is, and the only one you know that works.

Windows install disk, best malware removal tool there is, and the only one you know that works.

although i agree that this is the only way to be completely sure, the program dosen't need to be 100 percent, just for the common sassers and such.

Do you want an all in one "removal" program or something that prevents getting infected to begin with?

If your purpose is to have a toolkit for fixing machines that are already infected, my advice is dump the "all in one" requirement. Most of the removal tools are specific to the particular infection, but they're also pretty small and don't need to be installed... you just download them and run them when you need them. http://www.symantec.com/business/security_...emovaltools.jsp

If you're looking for something to keep from getting infected to begin with, remember that user awareness is always the first line of defense and antimalware/virus applications are always the very last line of defense. Keep plenty of layers of security in place. NAT routers, firewalls, FireFox with NoScript and AdBlock Plus, and keep your OS and apps all patched (check out Secunia's PSI). None of this stuff replaces awareness and constant education.