Joining the Military?

VaKo

mmm but then come the moral objections... i mean if ur from the U.K or AUS your gna be fighting in some more illegal wars for the U.S... i mean with the whole iraq thing... bad kung fu.

Well, I figure the bombs are gonna be dropped either way, so why not make sure they hit the right people? As for the moral problems, thats something I need to think about, is army intel a good place for a pot smoking libertarian hacker?

Well, I figure the bombs are gonna be dropped either way, so why not make sure they hit the right people? As for the moral problems, thats something I need to think about, is army intel a good place for a pot smoking libertarian hacker?

hahaha im sure they'll beat that outta you!

I’ve done a lot of work for the military over the years, as a contractor and the money is very good but if you are an officer in the military well the amount they pay you is a joke but it will give you needed experience for future jobs.

The thing about being in the military (I have a brother that is still serving in the royal engineers, my sister served as a officer in the navy for 10 years and my dad was in the army from 25 years) is its very disciplined and any views you may have don’t matter, if they don’t reflect the government’s views and no matter what you do in the military you will have to deal with that.

As for the whole moral thing I’m a a-moralities and have no issues what so ever making, designing, selling or using anything if it helps me out, but I understand that some people have issues with say designing parts for weapon systems and as an Army Intelligence Officer you have to deal with the fact that what you are doing will kill and maim hundreds of people over the course of your career, but if you can deal with that it is a job for life and there are they few jobs out there that can promises that, all you need to do is keep in mind is the people that you are targeting are not related to you , there not your friends and whether they live or die it doesn’t really matter in the grand scheme of things (that may sound a bit cold but it’s true).

To be honest, i have no qualms with killing et al unless its pointless. Which is kinda my point for joining intel. To do my damndest to make sure that it is purposeful, and nessacary.

I thought about joining the military, then I remebered how much I like my blood inside my body. :-)

I'd much rather have no blood and have imortale skin of steel...

*Very Large Image*

hmmm looks like a slightly less gay version of C3PO.

As for the whole moral thing I’m a a-moralities and have no issues what so ever making, designing, selling or using anything if it helps me out, but I understand that some people have issues with say designing parts for weapon systems and as an Army Intelligence Officer you have to deal with the fact that what you are doing will kill and maim hundreds of people over the course of your career, but if you can deal with that it is a job for life and there are they few jobs out there that can promises that, all you need to do is keep in mind is the people that you are targeting are not related to you , there not your friends and whether they live or die it doesn’t really matter in the grand scheme of things (that may sound a bit cold but it’s true).

Plus they would most likly kill you/others if they had the chance, if you look at your killing the enemy to save your comrades.

Edit:

I thought about joining the military, then I remebered how much I like my blood inside my body.

Lol yer im lovin my blood too :lol:

you have to deal with the fact that what you are doing will kill and maim hundreds of people over the course of your career, but if you can deal with that it is a job for life

ah we have a sociapath in the making :lol: but...i do agree. If that doesnt bother you in the slightest join up.

metatron sometimes you scare me...all of your guns, security systems, consealed weapons license, experience with gov and other large organizations, and willingness to kill.... not that i can say i dont want those things..other then killing that is...

I think it just goes to show what 2 decades of video games can do to a person, now has anyone seen my case of heat seaking hollow points? I need to go shopping.

Hmm...

<random>

I thought of making a pair of stun gloves a while back... like a taser, but with the prongs on the index finger and thumb of a pair of thick black leather gloves...

</random>

metatron sometimes you scare me...all of your guns, security systems, consealed weapons license, experience with gov and other large organizations, and willingness to kill.... not that i can say i dont want those things..other then killing that is...

I think it just goes to show what 2 decades of video games can do to a person, now has anyone seen my case of heat seaking hollow points? I need to go shopping.

Indeed, I blame Manic Miner and my ZX Spectrum for my views. :lol:

Like a slaver glove?

Easy way would be to use a series of camera flash units for power, since they would be able to provide the kick you wanted. Although it might kill the target.

You could use those kitchen gas ring lighters, just solder 2 pins to the spark points, stab and click. Used to make them in school, most they can do is make someone jump & shout a bit.