free webhosting

RogueHart

im looking for the best free webhosting sites i can find. anyone got any suggestions? the best i've found so far is

http://www.zymic.com/free-web-hosting/

5k disk space

50k bw

ftp access

and all of that ^ multiplied by how many times i can fill out an "new file hosting account" form. which the site has set to unlimited.

no advertisements on your site nor a "hosted by xxxx" bar required.

anyone know of anything better?

Geocities... haha j/k

Use GoDaddy! It's not free, but Hak5 has a coupon :D

well with my current situation paying for hosting is not an option. though when i do start to pay ill prolly pay with zymic (no offense to dreamhost or anything).

well with my current situation paying for hosting is not an option. though when i do start to pay ill prolly pay with zymic (no offense to dreamhost or anything).

I can offer you some hosting. what do you need? MySQL? PHP? email? FTP? I can give you whatever you need except SSH.

I have a resellers account that I use for my own sites, so i can give you the space you need, but support is limited :P

I dont require any links, or banners etc.

I just stumbled across this thread, and know that i've been in similar situations in the past needing space, so i extend the offer to you. free space, no strings, you just cant run anything that will chew up server processes or my host will can me.

I can offer you some hosting. what do you need? MySQL? PHP? email? FTP? I can give you whatever you need except SSH.

I have a resellers account that I use for my own sites, so i can give you the space you need, but support is limited :P

I dont require any links, or banners etc.

I just stumbled across this thread, and know that i've been in similar situations in the past needing space, so i extend the offer to you. free space, no strings, you just cant run anything that will chew up server processes or my host will can me.

thats very kind of you. thanks for the offer. but the site i wanna get up is going to require a lot of space eventually. as of right now ive got like 5 accounts on zymic which will work for now. havent got the site up though. want to get enough content first.

thing is i have a lot of hobbies and shift from one to the other a lot as well. and the site is going to have files(anything i program will be up), games, pictures, music, ect, ect. and more than likely tutorials and source for all of it. so at some point ill be sucking up a lot of bw and space.

thanks much for the offer though :) not every day someone offers you something like that lol.

thats very kind of you. thanks for the offer. but the site i wanna get up is going to require a lot of space eventually. as of right now ive got like 5 accounts on zymic which will work for now. havent got the site up though. want to get enough content first.

thing is i have a lot of hobbies and shift from one to the other a lot as well. and the site is going to have files(anything i program will be up), games, pictures, music, ect, ect. and more than likely tutorials and source for all of it. so at some point ill be sucking up a lot of bw and space.

thanks much for the offer though :) not every day someone offers you something like that lol.

what kind of space do you need? my package gives me 100GB of space, and 500GB transfer. im in the process of getting my sites setup, so there isn't much being used at the moment.

If you will be able to start paying in the future, then more space/bandwidth shouldn't be a problem.

I'm looking to start hosting a few sites, sometime in the future, and this could be benficial to the both of us.

its all about networking man, and if i can help someone out, then perhaps word of mouth spreads, and things get better for everyone.

anyway, its up to you, the offer is there and i'm more than happy to help out if i can.

thanks but ill stick with the free hosting ive got setup for now lol. though once you get your sites up ill happily help you spread the word lol

110mb.com the best in my opinion!

BEST OF ALL NO ADVERTISEMENTS AT ALL! NONE!

5GB disk space

FTP

PHP

MYSQL!

the works!

I somehow stumbled upon it a couple years back! and never forgot the url since :) I don't think my website there has ever gone down either so its pretty much like paid hosting for free! and you can even buy a domain name for about $10 and no one will ever know you have free hosting ;)

or if you leave your computer running all the time, running an apache webserver is always a fine option!!

Make sure you go with a real host who isn't in the business of overselling everything they have and then apologizing to you when you complain that your site is slow as balls, and ask if it's ok if they move you to a new server.

Zymic is a joke of a host, they're just a reseller of lunarpages, and that's even worse than some of these 15 year olds who think it's easy to start a hosting company with a reseller account.

If you're looking for a reliable host, give me a call, I'll see what I can do for you.

http://www.divergentnetworks.com

Matt "Chew" Lestock

Hak5 Host / Webhost Guru

"free" comes with a dick in your arse

According to a previous thread, quite a few people will enjoy that.

I am 15 and I did try to start a hosting company. But not with a reseller account, I had a 1 year free trial of a VDS and tried to use that, hoping that if I got enough customers, I could then continue to pay for the server, but, the one lesson i have learnt is, Hosting is a VERY, VERY over saturated market.