text game community project + more?

RogueHart

pardon my grammar. i dont use capitals, some punctuation, and there will probably be various mispellings. i apologize lol.

i worked on the txt game community project. converted it to blitz basic and html. well i got bored so i started working on it again. this time in batch. and i was wondering why it died so quickly? lol.

why not bring it back or better yet do the same thing with some other open source program? taking a useful open source program and translating it into different coding languages could not only help that program expand and grow but could also help people learn different languages by comparing the different codes.

edit

sidenote: if anyone knows where i can get a properly working "choice" command for winxp let me know. the one i have works okay but it doesnt return error levels properly.

thats what i thought. but why not keep the general idea going by working on other open source programs as a way to keep the community project going.

I guess that the project founder either disappeared, or there was lack of interest. Both of these have lead to projects being canned in the past. This text adventure, rainbow tables, analog5, BBS, comic, etc all died because of lack of interest or something went wrong with the founder. If you want to start stuff up, go ahead, just know what you're doing and what to expect.

i assumed that was what it was. i guess ill try to start something. i know me and i wont hang around it too long but ill be back on occasion to if nothing else revive it if i can.

pardon my grammar. i dont use capitals, some punctuation, and there will probably be various mispellings. i apologize lol.

I enjoyed that part,

What if you tried to get it working on smartphones and the like? Im might revitalize it a bit and if it has a command line run it from there.

I enjoyed that part,

What if you tried to get it working on smartphones and the like? Im might revitalize it a bit and if it has a command line run it from there.

glad you enjoyed it lol. just wanted to get that out of the way so there wouldnt be any spam posts about it lol

i would but neither myself or anyone i know has a smartphone or any phone that could have custom software put on it without a lot of work and modding.