Trouble downloading Hak5 episodes

Gatesunder

Hey, how's it going . . . yeah so I just got into the hak5 goodness and wanted to watch all the episodes, but there is a slight problem I am having with that. on iTunes some of the podcasts I download (mostly season 2) don't download for some reason. It goes through the whole process, but at the end it seemingly craps out and nothing was downloaded. I went to the website and tried downloading from there and at first was getting some wierd error from my browser saying the server was trying to put me into an endless redirect loop, but I guess they changed something and put all the episodes on one page so now I am having the same problem downloading most of season 2 and some season 3 episodes from the episodes page, so the only thing I could resort to is dlhelper and youtube and the quality of those flash videos is just horrendous, so now that I am finished with this huge run on sentence, here is my question.

The mp4s that I download are downloaded, but my movie player thing doesn't want to play them saying that the files are incomplete. Is this an error on the hak5 side of things, or am I getting corrupted files with lost data? Or could it be my movie player that just doesn't want to play incomplete episodes causing me to have to get one that would gladly play incomplete episodes?

Hey, how's it going . . . yeah so I just got into the hak5 goodness and wanted to watch all the episodes, but there is a slight problem I am having with that. on iTunes some of the podcasts I download (mostly season 2) don't download for some reason. It goes through the whole process, but at the end it seemingly craps out and nothing was downloaded. I went to the website and tried downloading from there and at first was getting some wierd error from my browser saying the server was trying to put me into an endless redirect loop, but I guess they changed something and put all the episodes on one page so now I am having the same problem downloading most of season 2 and some season 3 episodes from the episodes page, so the only thing I could resort to is dlhelper and youtube and the quality of those flash videos is just horrendous, so now that I am finished with this huge run on sentence, here is my question.

The mp4s that I download are downloaded, but my movie player thing doesn't want to play them saying that the files are incomplete. Is this an error on the hak5 side of things, or am I getting corrupted files with lost data? Or could it be my movie player that just doesn't want to play incomplete episodes causing me to have to get one that would gladly play incomplete episodes?

I just downloaded Season 2 Episode 6(mp4) to test what you were saying and it wouldn't play for me either. Try the xvid ones, as they seem to be working for me.

Ok i'll give that a try, would I need to install any special codecs?

What OS are you using?

Just the xvid codec is needed. It plays divx encocded videos and most mpeg-4 encoded videos. (Not mp4's though, they are quicktime file derivatives)

http://www.xvid.org/Downloads.15.0.html

Not sure if someone has made one for Apple OS's, but there is probably a version out there somewhere for Mac.