Corporate Network Layout

natural_orange

Does anyone know if there is a standard for blocks inside of a 10.0.0.0/16 network?

I'm starting to map one out, and I was just wondering if there was any kind of standard template to follow. I'm planning out something like 10.0.1.0/24 will be firewall/gateway/modems 10.0.2.0/24 will be switches, 10.0.3.0/24 will be wireless access points. that would be our main network. and then for the other isp connection i would be using 10.1.0.0/16.

After I basically set that up, then I need to map some of our external address to internal.

any ideas? good software to help organize this? (i'm using excel).

Does anyone know if there is a standard for blocks inside of a 10.0.0.0/16 network?

I'm starting to map one out, and I was just wondering if there was any kind of standard template to follow. I'm planning out something like 10.0.1.0/24 will be firewall/gateway/modems 10.0.2.0/24 will be switches, 10.0.3.0/24 will be wireless access points. that would be our main network. and then for the other isp connection i would be using 10.1.0.0/16.

After I basically set that up, then I need to map some of our external address to internal.

any ideas? good software to help organize this? (i'm using excel).

try network visualizer...