html in an email

snakey

How would i go about putting html into an email? i created myself an image called it image.png and saved it now i want it to be displayed when someone opens the email how can i do that?

HTML in email = bad.

Putting HTML in email = attack.

HTML in email = blocked.

How would i go about putting html into an email? i created myself an image called it image.png and saved it now i want it to be displayed when someone opens the email how can i do that?

You shouldn't need any HTML coding to display it, just attach the file. Depending on the email program you are using, most image attachments will display unless your security settings are set to read all email as plain text, or to ignore attachments or certian file extensions. Depends on the programs you use and the OS.

What OS and email program is he using? This makes all the difference in how we can assist you, since we can't walk you through how to open something in an email if we don;t know what email program he is using.

If you attach the image and he is using widows+outlook express, all he has to do is open the email. If it just shows as an attachment, then he can click "View" and then "Message in HTML" from the menus and the image will appear in the email.

Most email programs will load the image for you unless you have it set to read as plain text only, which is really better anyway for security reasons.

i'll have to agree with everyone here. HTML in a webpage makes an email nice and pretty, but it also leaves you open for exploitation. Even though you might just be sending your dad an email, it's a waste of time to do this if 1) you're just going to show him an image. 2) most mail clients automatically strip HTML out.

Just send it as an attachment. Even a non-tech-savvy person should know how to scan and open an email attachment.

How come Microsoft can send me a flashy add about VC++. but i cant have html in my email that blows.

-Digip The attachment doesnt auto show and i cant drag it to the e=mail :(

What program are you using to send email? Click the attach file (or add picture) option(in most programs).