Movie Tip: Insecurity

Blue Dragon

Hey guys,

I just watched "Insecurity", Australian-made independently-funded feature film and I must say I really loved it and wanted to share it with you! It's released under Creative Common and can be downloaded via BitTorrent on the website.

insecurity_banner.jpg

When offered four thousand dollars to break into a computer network, Leon(Peter Love) and Greg (Kurtis Wakefield) aren't concerned with something as petty as morality.

The only real questions are what complications can arise from hacking into a small home business, what's wrong with the twenty year old daughter Madison (Zoe Tarling)...

... and what should Greg do when his friend can't stop watching the girl on her own webcam - and without her knowledge.

I especially liked the ending, so definitely watch the whole 1:15, it's really worth it!

If you already saw it, what do you think about it?

Greetings form Germany,

Blue Dragon

The writers are no M. Night Shyamalan, but that was a twist I wasn't expecting. While slow for the most part, and semi-boring, I liked how they at least try to sound authentic with the dialog about computers, OS's, the internet and hacking.

Its certainly no hollywood blockbuster, but for an indie film, I have seen worse.

It's not 100% horrible or anything, just a bit slow, and maybe tried to be too smart.

I actually came to the forums to post this but it seems the thread had already been started. So anyway here are my brief thoughts on the film.

There were a lot of lines that were a little too pompous but I think thats just how the character Greg was supposed to be. The emo chick was believable. Technically more accurate than any other hacker movie I've seen but no new techniques to be found here. Then again the movie wasn't about hacking, rather the moral decisions made by the characters.

The third act wrapped up rather quickly. There was a lot of promise in some scenes to add more drama but at least the end wasn't too predictable. You can't fault bad sound on zero budget and its obvious with the editing they were aware of their shortcomings. Cinematography wise I couldn't find any egregious errors and I enjoyed the stylistic prologue.

It's refreshing to see something creative and though out like this come from the jump-cut generation. I applaud zero-budget film making and highly recommend it to any hacker at heart.

I actually liked this movie. Don't write it off just because of what either people think. Other than some bad sound choices, and some clearly edited together shots, it's pretty good.

Reminded me of clerks in the way it was shot.

after a second watch with actually looking at the acting and such its not that bad its just that the guys are filming scene after scene and editing it together if the had like 3 cameras going at once it would be alot smoother

I reckon its a great film although they recognise not all of their techno-jargon is correct. I didnt understand that much of the linux commands etc. but i got the Mac address and IP sniffing parts

• 3 weeks later...

I liked it a lot. :)

kinda made me wish there was more of it..

i remember the guys had a segment on an independent iptv haxor type drama on one of the shows and i couldn't tell you which season but i know they (darren and wess) had guest appearances on one of the episodes.

i'd love to watch that show if it's still around...any ideas?