Back Track 3 Final Released!

sablefoxx

Back Track 3 was just released, download it here. Enjoy! ;)

Word from the nuub:

what is backtrack?

It has been in testing for a long time lol (shame my laptop doesnt support USB boot).

But then again its better for a program or OS to be in testing then come out with its own bug farm. (look at Hospital Tycoon (remake of theme hospital) never did well and with in a month its gone)

• 1 month later...
Is there anyway to test if your Network card is compatible? apart from trying it?

I assume you are talking about wifi, because I can't imagine an unsupported ethernet card :P

Anyway, check out http://aircrack-ng.org/doku.php?id=compatibility_drivers

You only have to find out what chipset your card has. "Supported by aireplay for Linux" means that this chipset supports packet injection.

Ive just tried this on both my laptop and my computer, i've downloaded the ISO but when it comes to burning its not working, Nero Burning ROM doesn't respond and neither does any other, ha anyone else got this?

What programs do you guys use to burn .ISO files.

Ive just tried this on both my laptop and my computer, i've downloaded the ISO but when it comes to burning its not working, Nero Burning ROM doesn't respond and neither does any other, ha anyone else got this?

What programs do you guys use to burn .ISO files.

What OS are you using? Nero 6 on XP works fine for me. If Nero is corrupted or some other program is interfering, there are a number of free alternatives. I like http://cdburnerxp.se/ for quick and easy burns, but it can also take a bunch of files and output it directly to an iso to mount in vmware or upload to a torrent for sharing tools, etc.

This has been covered in a few other threads with a lot of other choices, but sounds like somehting on your pc is either not working, or the ISO is corrupt and you need to download a new one. Did you check the md5 hash to make sure it's a good file?

• 2 weeks later...

Yes ive had the live cd distro for a while now, cant seem to get it on a usb thumb drive though and boot it from the usb thumbdrive :(

processcor is a amd athlon 64 dual core 4000+, in bios i have the option to boot from usb but havent gotten it to work yet, followed directions in the new 2600 magazine for installing truecrypt with DSL on the usb but would prefer backtrack 3 instead of damn small linux since my usb drive has enough space for it

<---- new to linux