a gadget BEHIND A GADGET???

silentknight329

yeah:P i get that. i used to get it when my CPU maxed out when loading windows, but that was an old pc. :( now my new pc dosnt do that any more

• 2 weeks later...
Lol! U use vista!!!

Very perceptive of you.

Oh, it is possible that he's not running Vista as there have been attempts at allowing sidebar to run on XP.

I trust you had no intention of mocking Vista users with this comment?

if you saw how much memory running the crappy sidebar was using, you would disable it quickly

and silentknight329

the main problem with vista is that it is sluggish

it can still be fast but not as fast as XP

things that generally load instantly in windows xp now take a great deal of cpu time and hard drive time to load because microsoft decided to make just about every menu and setting window bloated and less tabbed

most setting windows in xp are tabbed based but in vista, you have to open 1 window that has a bloated ui around it which makes it take much longer to open, that window then has links to other windows that also take a while to load

vista would be ok if they didn't do stupid things to make it annoying to use.

almost every menu and setting now has it's own window instead of being in 1 tabbed window and they take longer to open, it is just extra time and work to get to the same menu's and settings that you would use in windows xp

vista may not be slow, but it is not fast either

an upgrade should not slow you down, would you upgrade from a geforce 8800GTX to a 9800GTX if the 9800GTX benchmarked lower than the 8800 and cost much more?

thats like adding rims that weigh 70 pounds each to your car to make it look nicer but in the end all it is doing is cutting your gas mileage by 15% and reducing your top speed

if you saw how much memory running the crappy sidebar was using, you would disable it quickly

Sure, I'll accept that Sidebar is a pig.

it can still be fast but not as fast as XP

You mean like 98 was to 95, and 95 was to 3.1, and 3.1 was to 2.x/1.x and MSDOS?

Kinda like how MacOS X is to MacOS 9, and how MacOS 9 was to MacOS 8, and MacOS 8 was to System 7.

It's how it works, computer hardware get more powerful and OSs get heavier and slower.

I just hope the next WIndows, isn't a windows at all and something new all together. They are supposed to doing a ground sup OS, so it's not so much the same windows family as it is just a new OS (Which will probably look and act like windows anyway, but hell, maybe the underlying code will be clean, fast and secure).

http://gizmodo.com/5021126/microsoft-midor...perating-system

I just hope the next WIndows, isn't a windows at all and something new all together. They are supposed to doing a ground sup OS, so it's not so much the same windows family as it is just a new OS (Which will probably look and act like windows anyway, but hell, maybe the underlying code will be clean, fast and secure).

http://gizmodo.com/5021126/microsoft-midor...perating-system

Not gonna happen, at least as far as I'm aware. Windows 7 (the successor to Vista) is based well and truly upon Vista.