GonZor's universal U3 installer

tempnode

I have two USB U3 drives: a Sandisk and a Geek Squad. Apparently, Geek Squad was manufactured by Sandisk, but Sandisk's installer didn't work for the Geek Squad drive. Apparently, Sandisk's installer accessed the internet to obtain the U3 ISO, but Geek Squad's installer does not.

Now, on to my question: GonZor created a universal U3 installer. Can someone explain to me how this works? I know that different drives require different installers (due to architecture or different drivers? i don't know why for sure...), but GonZor was able to make a flexible mounter. Can someone PLEASE explain how this installer works on all drives? What goes on in the background?

Thanks so much!

Now, on to my question: GonZor created a universal U3 installer. Can someone explain to me how this works? I know that different drives require different installers (due to architecture or different drivers? i don't know why for sure...), but GonZor was able to make a flexible mounter. Can someone PLEASE explain how this installer works on all drives? What goes on in the background?

We didn't create the installer. Memorex did, they offer the U3 drives as well. Memorex's installer allows the flash drive to be imaged from a folder on a local drive, which we make use of. It is impossible to replicate the firmware flash software as it uses commands hidden within the U3 hardware API, which is unavailable to us.

I have a 1gb geek squad u3 USB with GonZor switchblade installed. I was wondering if any one knew how to add safety.txt check to it. I found the code for it on the forums, but where do I put it?

Thanks in advance!!!!!!