the end of the internet 2012

sideboom

Not a chance

Indeed, not a chanche, as long as there is a calble, wireless signal, I don't know what out of our pc's, the internet will stay alive:p.

Anyway, did you've red this?

speeds to increase by 1.5mbps when the iPlate is fitted

How could you just increase the broadband? Or is it just to "get your broadband which your subscribed for"? I don't get it.

But still, it could be fun to think of things to speed up your broadband...

EDIT: I've found it, it's just when you just have a fraction of your paid broadband that it will have effect.

There alot of unheard of revolutions. Such as "The Grid" read Phrack, faster ethernet cable by 2010, at&t (lols), etc. With so many different ideas one cant stand out above all and cease all of this.

edit: Shortened it from my insomnia ramblings... Original was like 8 paragraphs

About the only place I can see this type of content control happening in is China, where they are repressed from just about any form of free speech and expression posts on websites, as well as what content they can view. (Which I find funny since most of the worlds spam, spyware and virii come from Chinese websites, you woudl think they have a better handle on this sort of thing with all the censorship they do)

There was a movement by AT&T and Verizon in 2006 to drop Net Neutrality and set up their own rules but I think that Congress eventually blocked them from being able to do this based on the first amendment and public outcry. (http://www.internetnews.com/bus-news/article.php/3601406) There was also an online petition that you could sign against it called "Save the Internet". I haven't heard anything about it since but they woudl have a hard time with censorship of the web if it wasn't handed down to them from their local branch of government. http://civ.moveon.org/save_the_internet/background.html

If they do start to completely block you from seeing any basic web site, then they essentially are censoring free speech. They may set up different packages for your bandwidth speeds and sites may load faster on different ISP's so they can stay competitive, but they can't censor you from viewing just any site unless it is done at the government level. Your country has to tell the ISP's which sites are to be blocked.

...just a thought how would they do this?

blocked by IP? By dns?

They could limit/close your traffic to a certain site. But then again: IT WON'T HAPPEN, just maybe a coupple of ISP's but think about it, when all ISP are going to do this their just have to be one man to launch his own ISP withouth restrictions and he would then be doing good bussiness caus all the other ISP are restricting their users to certain sites. You see?

IT WON'T HAPPEN, just maybe a coupple of ISP's but think about it, when all ISP are going to do this their just have to be one man to launch his own ISP withouth restrictions

I am not so sure about that, when a government of a country want all the ISP's in this country to block or restrict certain site's than there is no one person that can do anything about that with out breaking the law.

Gerard

I am not so sure about that, when a government of a country want all the ISP's in this country to block or restrict certain site's than there is no one person that can do anything about that with out breaking the law.

Gerard

You could always sign up for a sattalite connection ;) (it's a lot expenser but at least you have normal internet acces)

You could always sign up for a sattalite connection ;)

That's a good point just go over to a satellite internet connection provider.

(it's a lot expenser but at least you have normal internet acces)

Its a bit more expensive than a normal cable/adsl ISP thats true.

In the past i have bin setting up 2 of those satellite internet connection in Africa so that a local schools in got a internet connection.

So it is do able.

Gerard

Lets say just for the hell of it the internet really was just gone.

What would we do?

My idea is the worlds biggist ad-hoc network, lol.

idk.

It would be scary not having the internet, I can't stand to be without it for even a little while.

Lets say just for the hell of it the internet really was just gone.

What would we do?

idk.

It would be scary not having the internet, I can't stand to be without it for even a little while.

Sounds like a job for DeGrijze :lol:

idk.

O RLY?

like the interwebs? I don't think anybodies thought of that one.... jk <_< :blink:

The Internet is basically just a giant ad-hoc network...so....you are basically saying that if the internet goes down, you wouldn't try to fix it, you would make a new one... No offense, I know you were just theorising, I just find some weird pleasure in picking holes in other peoples' plans. :( (I am the devils advocate if you will)

O RLY?

like the interwebs? I don't think anybodies thought of that one.... jk <_< :blink:

The Internet is basically just a giant ad-hoc network...so....you are basically saying that if the internet goes down, you wouldn't try to fix it, you would make a new one... No offense, I know you were just theorising, I just find some weird pleasure in picking holes in other peoples' plans. :( (I am the devils advocate if you will)

I'm saying if it were even just gone gone. Setup a wireless ad-hoc network

I dont see that happening any time soon tho

Yes, but they said if the internet completely failed. So therefore there would be no internet and thus no ISPs. So, someone else could come along and use the technology to give teh interwebs to all da peeps.