iPhone: Are you in?

dhp1080

iPhone  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to buy a new iPhone 3G?

• Yes, on July 11th
    • Yes, once they work out the kinks
    • No
    • I hate Apple

I picked no!!!

Not to be a tree hugger or anything here but common guys we need to save the trees!

this thread reminds of this video

lol I definitely would not want to be getting a bible length bill every month! especially from at&t! :P

I picked no!!!

Not to be a tree hugger or anything here but common guys we need to save the trees!

this thread reminds of this video

lol I definitely would not want to be getting a bible length bill every month! especially from at&t! :P

Note: They changed how their bills are sent so they do use less paper now.

The apple Iphone is just stupid and way to EXPENSIVE, come on, for that price you have a decent EEEpc.

If your still not convinced then read this

And how would you put a EEEpc in you pocket?

That comparison is ridiculous.. And very wrong.. At least with 2.0 software and the 3G iPhone..

"Screen turns into a smudgy piece of shit after a few minutes of use" Ehm.. Stop using finger paint before operating your phone?

The phone does have flaws, but most of the problems can be fixed by just jail breaking the thing..

I personally have an iPod Touch because the iPhone wont get here before the 3G version does, but I will get one, thats 100% certain :)

Comparing the iPhone to any other phone is in my opinion the same the MacBook Air with the Lenovo X300 (which is like comparing a Ferrari to a Lada :D)

And how would you put a EEEpc in you pocket?

That comparison is ridiculous.. And very wrong.. At least with 2.0 software and the 3G iPhone..

I just want to point out that for the same money you can have a EEEpc with many more functions than an iPhone...

Comparing the iPhone to any other phone is in my opinion the same the MacBook Air with the with the Lenovo X300

Okay, you have a point there with the macbook air and the lenovo x300, but a phone is a phone. And what can u do with a phone? Oh yeah, make a call and sending a SMS. But wait, the iPhone is more than that, it's also and mp3, and so on and so on. If you've red maddox his article you would see that he's right and that the iPhone is a piece of shit. But hey, I respect your choise if you think that an iPhone is THE mobile phone as long as you respect my choise that I find that the iPhone sucks. -_-

It's just a matter of time before people are going to introduce iPhone icons etc in forums etc.

That post on the best page in the universe is really very biased and doesn't take into account the fact that it is now possible to do everything that the iPhone can't do (supposedly) by jailbreaking it. I mean, don't tell me the Nokia e70 comes with Putty.

That post on the best page in the universe is really very biased and doesn't take into account the fact that it is now possible to do everything that the iPhone can't do (supposedly) by jailbreaking it. I mean, don't tell me the Nokia e70 comes with Putty.

You can install putty on the Nokia e70...NokiaE70andLinux

you can install putty on a Nokia e70. you can install 3D games on an iPhone (Raging Thunder is a great Example). You can also install Terminal on an iPhone and from their, you can use aircrack.... That guy is completely biased.

To tim.vangehugten:

It is spelled "choice," not "choise." Also, it is "read," not "red."

Also, reading Maddox is sheerly good for entertainment. The user experience between the e70 an an iPhone is completely different. An iPhone is meant for people who want a consistent interface that is attractive and easy to use.

Of course this doesn't matter to you, but I'm just putting it out there.

definitely getting an iPhone 3G, already pre-registered on both http://optusiphone.com.au/ and http://iphone.vodafone.com.au you may ask, why pre-register on both networks? and i would reply, so that i can choose the better deal on the release date, besides i get teh $50 fee back from optus if i choose not to go ahead with them..

so yeah, really can't wait.

i'm hoping to get to the sydney apple store on the release date. anyone else from sydney going to be there?

missed out on the opening of the store, so this should be my way of making up :P

thespy

You only get your fee back from Optus if you don't go with them right? so even though they (probably) have better customer services, it is going to be human nature to go for the cheaper option (in the short term) of taking the money from Optus and going for Vodaphone.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm perfectly happy with my Palm Centro, but as soon as my contract is over Im switching to a different carrier than AT&T, because AT&T's coverage in Virginia is crapity crap.

I really like having a physical keyboard as well as a touchscreen. And my Centro's only $50 (which is great since I don't have a job atm). I don't think i'd be able to afford a data plan with the iPhone right now.

And apparently all the iPhone's cant get activated right now... so people are buying a semi-bricked phone... til they can fix that problem. Silly ATT.

• 3 months later...

apple has the potential to make a good product. yes they look sexy as hell.....buuttt they are controlling assholes and because of the price they are unobtainable by reasonable standards. Oh yea and by the way they are unaware that open-source runs everything that is good (i got a ipod classic and it no longer supports Podzilla).

i argue with mac users on a daily basis and try to get them out of the dark side

OPEN SOURCE RUNS.