iPhone: Are you in?

dhp1080

iPhone  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to buy a new iPhone 3G?

• Yes, on July 11th
    • Yes, once they work out the kinks
    • No
    • I hate Apple

The apple Iphone is just stupid and way to EXPENSIVE, come on, for that price you have a decent EEEpc.

If your still not convinced then read this

It would seem it's web browser is one of the best on a phone. The iPod Touch has this as well, but you need to be near a AP to use it.

I have an iPod Touch and it is honestly the best PDA type device I have ever used. The UI is amazingly well designed, the hardware is solid and it all just works. Its basically a joy to use. (All except iTunes which is digital cancer). However I would never buy an iPhone myself.

I was a big Treo 650 fan before mine died, it was the best phone i'd ever owned. Having a real QWERTY keypad makes all the difference in the world (touch typing texts/email in fraction of the time take on T9 or xT9). I now currently use a Blackberry 8800 and a modded Samsung i600 running WM6. Both are better phones than the iPhone imo. I used to want a phone that did everything, but its not worth it. Its better to have a small simple smart phone that does all the basic stuff (phone, data, texts and email) and a PDA like a iPod Touch. If you need something with a bit more power just get something like a N810 or EEEPC.

i have to say am in yea before they announced the iphone 3g i was planning to buy the LG Vu but the phone is way more expensive than the iphone since i already have a plan with ATT i had to pay $400 something bucks for the damm phone and it wouldn't even have that much space to put music or videos. The Iphone it is much cheaper and also has space for mine music witch am also in need of a new MP3 player since mine Sandisk Sansa E260 is crapping out on me so it kills two birds with one stone and i also get a phone with Wi-Fi

To anyone who things the iPhone is overpriced... $200 is, in my opinion, cheap for the caliber of the device... i'd almost pay that much just for a GPS unit... let alone a phone, internet browser, and sexy tech gadget.

I have owned a lot of Apple kit over the years and I like the look of the phone and the features but I can't stand Apple users as a whole now so I don't think I'll bother.

What's the dislike of Apple users?

What's the dislike of Apple users?

Elitist snobs. More or less... :P :D

iphone looks great. probably won't get one though.

The best phone I ever had was a nokia 8310.

What I'd really like is a phone that you can make calls, and it's the size of a cigarette lighter. No mp3, no camera, no bluetooth or WiFi, no gimmicks or other crap... Just get me a phone, and make it small. really small. I'll get a EeePC for all the other stuff.

I will be getting one because I have an iPod Touch, and after using it since the release of the Touch, I think it is the most flexible UI I have seen on a mobile device. A Real joy to use, Also, I don't have a phone, so thats another reason.

I've just thought up so many uses for an iPhone where you can't bust out an eeepc to do the same thing... Plus, i'm a fan of things that fit in my pocket. The eeepc is great, but having something you can bring everywhere with you is even better. If i was wondering what the score of the cubs game was at a restaurant, i'm not about to whip out a laptop. Plus, normal phone browsers can barely pass off as browsers. In my opinion, the iPhone revolutionizes mobile devices.

I've just thought up so many uses for an iPhone where you can't bust out an eeepc to do the same thing... Plus, i'm a fan of things that fit in my pocket. The eeepc is great, but having something you can bring everywhere with you is even better. If i was wondering what the score of the cubs game was at a restaurant, i'm not about to whip out a laptop. Plus, normal phone browsers can barely pass off as browsers. In my opinion, the iPhone revolutionizes mobile devices.

Opera is a better more feature rich web browser for mobile devices.

I hate Opera as a foundation. They focus too much on technical standards instead of practical standards. Also, mobile Safari works beautifully in my opinion. And as usual, my opinion is all that matters. :D

I hate Opera as a foundation. They focus too much on technical standards instead of practical standards. Also, mobile Safari works beautifully in my opinion. And as usual, my opinion is all that matters. :D

Two words "Flash support"

Adobe is apparently developing a very light flash client for the iPhone, so i'd expect to see that in the not too distant future. Also, as far as flash goes, there are few good uses for it in my opinion. Outside of streaming videos, flash provides for very few useful internet applications. Also, my two favorite video sites (CollegeHumor and YouTube) both support the iPhone without flash support.

Safari is also prettier.

Adobe is apparently developing a very light flash client for the iPhone, so i'd expect to see that in the not too distant future. Also, as far as flash goes, there are few good uses for it in my opinion. Outside of streaming videos, flash provides for very few useful internet applications. Also, my two favorite video sites (CollegeHumor and YouTube) both support the iPhone without flash support.

Safari is also prettier.

lol, your just a fan boy so anything that you write or say has no value.