Help me!!!

K1u

Ok so I used to listen to this band like 2-3 years ago... I was just in the shower and I was singing some Satyricon out... and I started to remember this one band.

Their genre was something like power metal or like some type of metal that told stories like epic metal something liek that.

Ok so... they mainly sung about Vikings and Norse mythology... one of their songs lyrics went like God Of Thunnder!!

Anyone knows the name of this band please tell me!

Ok so I used to listen to this band like 2-3 years ago... I was just in the shower and I was singing some Satyricon out... and I started to remember this one band.

Their genre was something like power metal or like some type of metal that told stories like epic metal something liek that.

Ok so... they mainly sung about Vikings and Norse mythology... one of their songs lyrics went like God Of Thunnder!!

Anyone knows the name of this band please tell me!

Kiss?

http://www.lyricsfreak.com/k/kiss/god+of+t...r_20079852.html

Kiss?

Nope, I know kiss has a song named God of Thunder but thats not them...

I have been looking around at different Norse/Viking/Power Metal bands trying to find them.

Thanks anyways though.

And you sure it isn't from Bathory self?:P

lyric here

EDIT: listen to the song here

I have the discography of Bathory. I do not think it was Bathory... it was some band classified as power metal in their song they were like GOD OF THUNDER... and they sung of the powerful Vikings and norse mythology.

BTW, Bathory and Satyricon are my favorite bands ever... just look at how beautiful these lyrics are.

Leaving the plains where my ancestors hunted

for meat and for hides against the cold.

Here the fire was tamed. Here our sword were made.

And here the elders amazing takes told

I ride into land few have seen or returned from

to tell of it's bleakness and dark

I see nothing but mist and the mountains so tall

I can't tell them and the sky apart

Gods of Thunder of Wind and of Rain

Valkyries my soul is yours should I fail.

Let my beheaded and battered corpse lay

and take me where you bring all nordsmen slain.

This specific song was also covered by the band Therion on the album "Crowning of Atlantis". The Therion version is IMO far more powerfull (the older Manowar songs are pretty badly recorded).

Yeah even the Bathory songs were badly recorded. Theres not much we can do... the songs are old you have to remember.

I am going to try to collect the Therion and Manowar discographies.

collect or download? euhm I mean get it through black voodoo? :P

You should be able to get most of their albums (and those of many other metalbands) through the Nuclear Blast Musicshop. Most of the MP3s there are DRM free. Also, many new releases on iTunes are DRM free now, it's called iTunes plus.

Don't pirate if you can afford to buy.

Lol guys, I never said I was going to pirate or download anything, chill out. But thanks for your help finding these bands.

What other old school Power/Metal bands you listen to?