Computer crashed need help

flatlandinpunk17

Ok so let me start by saying its my stupidity that got me to this point. i was using a non legit copy of vista and now it wont boot... go figure anyway now onto my issue.

i really need to get the files off the computer and normally i would just throw the drive into my external enclosure and pull what i need off of it. however for this unfortunate time i am running raid 0 so that is where i am at and am wondering if anyone has any ideas as to how to get my photos and music off that computer.

been watching the show since 1x05 and really enjoy the show and have been lurking in the forums for a while and am just hoping to get some help.

side note i have decided to install fedora once i get my files off of it.

hit up grc.com and read the FAQ about RAID 0. If you just have a promise controller or motherboard controller get/pay for SpinRite and run it for your drive. Your data will thank you. I have used it to recover a 5 drive (400GB) image server array RAID 0 last year.

Ok so let me start by saying its my stupidity that got me to this point. i was using a non legit copy of vista and now it wont boot... go figure anyway now onto my issue.

i really need to get the files off the computer and normally i would just throw the drive into my external enclosure and pull what i need off of it. however for this unfortunate time i am running raid 0 so that is where i am at and am wondering if anyone has any ideas as to how to get my photos and music off that computer.

been watching the show since 1x05 and really enjoy the show and have been lurking in the forums for a while and am just hoping to get some help.

side note i have decided to install fedora once i get my files off of it.

hit up grc.com and read the FAQ about RAID 0. If you just have a promise controller or motherboard controller get/pay for SpinRite and run it for your drive. Your data will thank you. I have used it to recover a 5 drive (400GB) image server array RAID 0 last year.

thanks going to look into that now.

I suspect you are going to have to put another hard drive in and install windows on that along with the RAID drivers. Many RAID controllers built in to motherboards won't work on Linux, so even a live disk may not be an option.

from what i am reading spinrite is used to fix errors in data or recover lost data but i cant seem to find a way to get it to change the location of the data. what i need to do is get it onto my external drive.

im trying to use the install another drive as a last resort.