RFID Door

Trc202

I have recently purchased a parallax short range RFID transmitter and hooked it up through the serial port on the computer i have been looking for a servo i can control with my computer as well if any one knows of one or how to build one for $75.00 or less I would be very indebted to them

Thanks,

Trc202

RFID is like those ultra sonic door remotes that used to feature on Scooby Doo allot (can you see where I'm going with this?), if the writers of Scooby Doo can see the flaw in a wireless door key, then surly every one else can (but apparently most government bodies don't).

I know it's not secure but the area in which I live is not all that technology advanced and most pepole will think "I wonder what that is" and walk away. and in the future I plan to add other ways in i.e. psp connecting to standalone wifi "encripted" and opening a webpage to open a door

I know it's not secure but the area in which I live is not all that technology advanced and most pepole will think "I wonder what that is" and walk away. and in the future I plan to add other ways in i.e. psp connecting to standalone wifi "encripted" and opening a webpage to open a door

The danger is you have to consider things like power loss, or the computer controlling the system fails. I remember Metatron had a mag lock system on his house in England, and said that he used submarine batteries as a backup system for it. His system used mag stripe cards. Don't know how he dealt with the potential of computer failure, may be some one should get him to chime in at this point.

that's not a bad idea...

The danger is you have to consider things like power loss, or the computer controlling the system fails. I remember Metatron had a mag lock system on his house in England, and said that he used submarine batteries as a backup system for it. His system used mag stripe cards. Don't know how he dealt with the potential of computer failure, may be some one should get him to chime in at this point.

I already have the power supply problem fixed, I have a ups for backup and as for computer failure I can always have a key in my car.

As far as the computer crashing, I would just recommend using a linux distro for the security... There has to be something that deals with this on linux.

The problem with linux for me is that i am not very familiar with it and it's commands

(edit)

Ok I have finally figured out how to control a servo with my computer

Parallax Servo Controller if I ever get it set up i'll make a video and post it on this fourm

Thanks,

Trc202