Gaming on Palm, Windows Mobile, BlackBerry, other

Darren Kitchen

dopewars

ftw

blazar is a awesome game you can play multi player over bluetooth

and there's something somewhere that you can use to do something if you don't have 6 USD

and the attachment system if fucked up so I can't attach the cab

Seconding Warfare Incorporated on Palm. Brilliant game.

By far, my biggest time waster is Bike or Die! - a physics based bike sim (as the homepage states) with absolutely thousands of levels created for it.

For emulation, I go with LJP. There's a hundred or so GBC roms on my SD card, which is a bit of an overkill because I find that I play Mario Tennis almost exclusively. Damn, I love that game.

Another game I'm very fond of is Snails, which is a Worms clone done by PDAmill. Bad news: they dropped support for PalmOS last year. Good news: they've released all the old Palm games for free - linky. They still release stuff for Windows Mobile/PocketPC though.

Pretty much have to mention Astraware in a discussion of mobile gaming. Yah, you won't get half as much geeky cred playing one of their games as you would running Quake but for casual gaming there's a lot of fun to be had. Westward, Tradewinds 2 and Zombie Attack being particular favourites of mine.

Another game I'm very fond of is Snails, which is a Worms clone done by PDAmill. Bad news: they dropped support for PalmOS last year. Good news: they've released all the old Palm games for free - linky. They still release stuff for Windows Mobile/PocketPC though.

Really? its Free now? Man... I remember trying to 'acquire' it, and then failing miserably (I gave up after about 15 soft resets). There was also this other awesome Palm game, a 3D Racing game where you could even make your own maps for it on the palm... waypoints road material, sand material, water material... That was a fun game, I never mastered it though

• 1 month later...

age of empires for pocket pc

and also a few GBA games via the emulator

i used to use the SNES emulator but it was annoying to control since it wanted you to use your fingers on the screen which causes a smudge filled screen very fast (the iphone effect)

theres also a little game that G4 came up with for the mobile users by making annoying flash ads that you have to find ways around in order to view the content (wouldn't really call it a game now because it is annoying and G4 hates mobile users )

video of what i am talking about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qvJ4EDiPts

• 1 month later...