Cocktails with hak5- clearing shit up edition.

boxgamex

I just wanted to post this to show where I was coming from

Ok, so it seems tonight I sounded like a lot like an ass. While I have been watching hak5 since mid-way through season 1... was on irc.techphile.ca back in the days, and have been in the hak5 irc regularly for about 2 years now. While I have enjoyed watching hak5 over the years, I feel that season 3 has really let me down. I can't quite pin it down (and I know this blank critism really doesnt help anyone) but season 3 has had hardly any content I have been interested in. I think I am pretty across the board in my interests, and I don't consider myself to be 1337 ( I dont code, suck with hardware, mainly just bum around in irc actually..) but it just hasnt been there this season. Like I said on the stream, I feel that it as of late has just been a rehash of digg, /. , reddit... ect. I know that original content can be extremely difficult to research, implement, and produce. However, I think this is where the forums, irc, and whatever comes into play. For example, Moonlit randomly posted the idea for the gumstix pxe packer sniffer the other day on the board. With encouraging the revival and grown of Dev5, there can be original and interesting content for the show. I am not sure that having random people from the communites filiming/ vnc'ing is the correct way to go. As we know.. even from season 1 of hak5, genrally geeks suck on camera without practice, which could turn people off. I feel the hak5 crew is knowledgable across the board to be abe to do communty segments to justice.

Again, I wasn't trying to do disrepect to the hak5 crew or anything, but I just feel that it could be better and I hope to bring another aspect to the direction the show has gone as of late.

EDIT: BTW link to moonlit's thread- http://forums.hak5.org/index.php/topic,8899.0.html

Its way too early in the morning, but I skimmed that, and I liked what I saw, especially since I was an asshole tonight as well.

EDIT: I LOVE YOU ALL

dude... I can't even tell you how bad I feel, I was a total asshat on air :(

hah, I was the most assy-ist ( 2am words ftw)

I stand by everything I have said, and I am not sorry for saying any of it.  There was one comment made in the live show that made me think "fuck this, I have better thing to do than care about this community and show."

I stand by all the shit I said, but I don't like the way I said it.

I stand by everything I have said, and I am not sorry for saying any of it.  There was one comment made in the live show that made me think "fuck this, I have better thing to do than care about this community and show."

it's not that I am apologizing for my comments, because thatd be retarded. I stand by whatever I said, which no one can probably remember. I just outlined it here because they were ranting for like 30min between whenever I could get a word in.. drunk conversations tend to go that way.

The conversation didn't really go as I had expected. I don't know where the negative aspect came into play because we intended to solicit constructive criticism and have a kind of round table kicking around ideas of what might make the show better. It was about the time Wess showed up and we started talking about USB hacks that we went from constructive to defensive. At least one of us did. I took the opportunity to get wasted, Matt went to bed and Chris basically gave up on trying to moderate. Still I think the night was constructive as (aside from a hangover) I woke up with more ideas of how to get the show back on track.

EDIT: BTW I <3 you guys too and don't feel bad about being an asshat you weren't and someone needed to be the spokesperson for this stuff. I really appreciate everyone's involvement. I hope you guys know we're trying really hard to make this show that you've become invested in a lot better.