Hak5 (EU?) Meetup Part Deux

DarkSenay

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like I will not be going to make it. I got scheduled on a 14 week software implementation @ work and can't get out during the meetup due to a project milestone.

I'll keep good on my part of the hostel though, Tim let me know how you want me to get the $$ to you.

My apologies all.

That's too bad DarkSenay, but hey, we'll see u probably another time. As for the money, Like Joerg said, If Emeryth wants to come than you don't have to pay anything.

As for Emeryth, are you sure you can make it to Berlin?

There's a few other names who weren't sure whether they could make it but still may be able to, VaKo and Dids being two of them. Dids won't know until he's heard back from job interviews and VaKo... I dunno, he's hiding out somewhere I think.

Right now it seems I will be able to get there, but it's still far enough in the future that everything may happen.

The hostel's site says they usually have room for walk-ins so I'm hoping that even if more people show up, we still will be able to get accommodation.

There's a few other names who weren't sure whether they could make it but still may be able to, VaKo and Dids being two of them. Dids won't know until he's heard back from job interviews and VaKo... I dunno, he's hiding out somewhere I think.

Yeah VaKo didn't said anything... But just to let you guys know, we still can make a 7 room a 8 person room or a 6 person room, the hostel is very flexible in that.

Righto, I'll have the final job interview next week. If I get the job, it'll also start next week. So, once I get the job, I'll book a ticket, and be done with it. I'll try to keep you guys posted. :)

I'll atleast talk to Moonlit on IRC (which he's not on atm, darn it!) when I know more, but so far it's looking pretty darn promising.

And yes, Didanix = Dids.

If I can count we are with 9? DarkSenay isn't coming, but Didanix and Emeryth want to come, so we're with 9. And the hostel biggest rooms are 8...

Well I'm sure some of the people that say they are coming will not turn up. Besides room can be found if need be, I'm sure

On Friday, 12 Sept, 11:00 in Berlin an artist goes to the "german RIAA" (GEMA) and want to register a 33 second track with 70200 citations of other artists, which means he had to fill out 70200 formulars and hand them over to the GEMA which then has to check if those are correct.

On this date a truck will carry the mass of formulars to the GEMA and let them take them. This is a protest against the old-fashioned structures of the german copyright. The artist invites press and normal people to watch this.

For more information you can visit http://kreidler-net.de/productplacements.html (sorry, in german only).

What do you think? Is it worth to go and watch it?

On Friday, 12 Sept, 11:00 in Berlin an artist goes to the "german RIAA" (GEMA) and want to register a 33 second track with 70200 citations of other artists, which means he had to fill out 70200 formulars and hand them over to the GEMA which then has to check if those are correct.

On this date a truck will carry the mass of formulars to the GEMA and let them take them. This is a protest against the old-fashioned structures of the german copyright. The artist invites press and normal people to watch this.

For more information you can visit http://kreidler-net.de/productplacements.html (sorry, in german only).

What do you think? Is it worth to go and watch it?

May as well if it turns out to be boring we can just go do something else.