Hak5 (EU?) Meetup Part Deux

DarkSenay

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First I will sell the rights for some million euros to a w2.0 startup, then I will pay hak.5 some dollars because I have stolen their logo (and the exchange rate €-$ is good :), then I will print some stickers and with the rest of the money, mhm.

I will invest it in the american subprime-market.

lol, hope this is not illegal, its my new toy. A Uniden UBC3500XLT with Close Call (why I bought it)

Unidens Close Call RF capture technology. This feature, which is exclusive to Uniden, locks on to nearby radio transmissions, even if you haven't programmed anything into your scanner.

Basically if security or whoever is near with radio's you can find out.

2511025093_b2c15b8c35_m.jpg

What's the normal use of that product?

Or for what can it be used?

People use them at race days and air shows a lot. I've been using it for MPT1327 protocol decoding , POCSAG decoding, DSC decoding and just to see what people such as the fire brigade and ambulance service are up too.

You could try http://www.hostelbookers.com/groupbkg/ they search a hostel for you (they search for free) ;)

Also like I mentioned before

http://www.helterskelterhostel.com ==> free WLAN acces, 14€ / person (for a dorm of 12 beds), 3€ for breakfast.

12 beds would be over kill, it would be safe to say it's going to be very likely there will be no more than 10 people. I think we could get away with a 8 bed dorm.

I guess you're right. But we still can book in the begin of august isn't it? I asked around on IRC and some people still don't know if there going to come or not.

Even when people say they are coming that does not mean they are going to turn up, last time I think we had to cancel 4 or 5 beds.

On ideas of things to do, I'd love to go to the German Museum of Technology as the London trip to the Science museum was a laugh.

On ideas of things to do, I'd love to go to the German Museum of Technology as the London trip to the Science museum was a laugh.

Sounds fun. We should add that to the agenda. Maybe on friday or something because it's still during the week and there are less people in a museum then.

Sounds fun. We should add that to the agenda. Maybe on friday or something because it's still during the week and there are less people in a museum then.

Sounds like a plan, could be interesting. Nice idea Metatron.

• 2 weeks later...

So as DarkSenay can't book everything this year, has anyone booked a hostel?

As the time has been booked off, if nothing happens I'll still be out there, I'll just book a hotel for myself if nothing happens here.