Hak5 (EU?) Meetup Part Deux

DarkSenay

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its bad I can't remember, but what was the domain someone bought to handle the hackpack stuff? Shouldn't we be posting all the info on there?

TomB owns it, it's hackpackgroup.com. It has been down for sometime.

This has kind of died. I really don't see more than 5 people coming from talking to people on IRC and the fact a handful of people I've talked to that said they would come, probably wouldn't. The only way I would see anything happening is if it's in London.

I'll check back next month as I'm away for work for a bit, but I'm calling this one.

So in a discussion on the IRC we came to a decision. Since we have to hurry this along and make something concrete, 11th of September (Thursday) to 14th of September (Sunday) seems like a pretty good plan. Berlin seems to be the venue of choice, so we'll stick with that.

So unless anything changes, that's the deal. 11-14 September, Berlin, Germany.

If you wanna show up on one of more of those days and not for the whole thing, for example if you can't get out of work for the Thursday, that's fine but you may need to work out where you're going to find us depending on where we are. We may or may not be able to meet stragglers at the airport on the Friday.

We'll figure out accommodation at some point, feel free to book your own but group hostel bookings will be cheaper and we'll all be in one place which will make sticking together easier. Group together on flights if you wish but again, that's optional.

http://www.baxpax.de/downtown/en/home/

http://www.heartofgold-hostel.de/

Both look okay if a room could be booked and they have wifi.

or the Metropolitan Hansa is quite cheap if a hotel is more desirable. The Metropolitan Hansa is about £38 a night.

http://www.metropolitanhansa.com/en/preise.php

Looks okay,especially the Baxpax downtown hostel.

checkout also : helterskelterhostel

The dates have been booked off and confirmed so I'll be there. It's 100% now.

Edit: I think a few people from Hackervoice want to come well I know belial asked me to pencil him down.

Nice, shame they couldn't make it last yet but it'd be nice to see 'em. Hope they can join us this year.

Yeah, but there should be a few this years. Just got a few more parts.

2508328582_a9fd567754.jpg

That's a 16dBi Yagi with my 500mW card

:lol: I got the same card in my collection of WiFi cards even made (some time ago) a report over this card (sorry is in in Dutch)

Its a great card bud illegal in the Netherlands, Germany, Belgium, France and a lot of other euro countries (the output power is to high).

Maxi out put power of Wlan hardware in the Netherlands, Germany, Belgium, France and a lot of other euro countries is 100mwatt (erp) or in other words 20 dBm (erp).

So your WiFi setup is so highly illegal in the Netherlands, Germany, Belgium, France and a lot of other euro countries, and also take in consideration that Germany got a law against wardriving and makeing us of open WLan networks so be carfull (240 days of German jail time is not so mutch fun)

Gerard

:lol: I got the same card in my collection of WiFi cards even made (some time ago) a report over this card (sorry is in in Dutch)

Its a great card bud illegal in the Netherlands, Germany, Belgium, France and a lot of other euro countries (the output power is to high).

Maxi out put power of Wlan hardware in the Netherlands, Germany, Belgium, France and a lot of other euro countries is 100mwatt (erp) or in other words 20 dBm (erp).

So your WiFi setup is so highly illegal in the Netherlands, Germany, Belgium, France and a lot of other euro countries, and also take in consideration that Germany got a law against wardriving and makeing us of open WLan networks so be carfull (240 days of German jail time is not so mutch fun)

Gerard

lol, well I'm still taking it.

2508140745_bb21d7b958_b.jpg

It's a nice set up