Hak5 (EU?) Meetup Part Deux

DarkSenay

Alright Alright, so I figure its about time to plan another Hak5 meetup in the grandeous continent of europe (or elsewhere if someone can make a compelling argument).

So here are a couple of items I'd like to open for discussion by the community.

Where?

When?

What to do?

I obviously have all of these things somewhat thought out with locations, which I will post at a later time. But for now, I'd just like to open up a dialogue and get some ideas out there.

FYI: The last meetup was in London in August of '07, and it rocked! So I look forward to another great meetup.... Get some ideas flowing!

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about somewhere in the USA?  I like to come but I don't think I can swing tickets out of the US

Y'know, you or someone else (I guess on this occasion those would be one and the same) could set up a USA meet ;)

As to the OP though, I'm up for it, I'll sit and wait for the ideas to roll in for a bit, I'm not very good at discussion without inspiration, so shoot. :)

The UK Still seems a good place as Most People on the forum only Speak English and a non English Speaking country might be a bit difficult.

Actually, that's not really true. Last weekend some friends and I spontaneously decided to go to France and we got by just fine even though none of us could speak any more than about 3 words of French.

I'm thinking one of the mainland venues DarkSenay suggested could be cool, was looking up flights from the UK to the Netherlands and it's pretty affordable on the cheaper airlines, like £30-40 or so, couple that with a hostel for a few nights or so and I don't think it'd be horrendously expensive.

Yeah, the ticket I bought to London last time (and then forgot to use because I'm a moron) was like £60. I'm inclined to go to this (and not forget this time) although I think Moonlit said he'd kill me if he met me in real life.

Edit: Also Amsterdam sounds good.

I'm not going to go if it's in Amsterdam, I don't want to spent a weekend with a load of stoners getting high.

You remember last time you said you didn't wanna be with a bunch of drunks on a bar crawl...?

Amsterdam sounds good, or somewhere in Belgium 8-)

belgium ftw :p

the promised land baby , land of fries, beer & chocolate

Indeed, I'm glad I live in Belgium ^_^

To go back to the main question:

Where?         

Somewhere in Belgium or the Netherlands

When?

How about juli/august?

What to do?

Maybe a project where we can work on, a sort of workshop where you modify or alter something. Be Creative!

I have another question since I didn't went to a previous gathering. But how long does it takes? I mean, is it just one day or a coupple of days?