Bon Echo (Firefox 2.0)

Garda

I'm writing this in Firefox 2.0alpha1.

There's an alpha 2 release that come out about a week ago

available here ----> http://www.mozilla.org/projects/bonecho/ for those that are interested.

Just wanted to get some opinions on the new alpha release of firefox.

I've been using it for a little bit.

It doesn't have a whole heap of new stuff, however wikipedia does say "There are still some bugs present and it is not feature-complete, so any downloads of Bon Echo should be taken with a grain of salt" so I guess it's not that big a deal.

I think the bookmark manager thing is a little nicer, and the ability to close tabs with only 1 mouse click is something that should have been there earlier. I'm only a little worried that once i get a lot of tabs, and the width of my tabs gets really small, that i'm going to start clicking the X by accident.

The 1 thing that does shit me is the edit bookmarks button on the bookmarks toolbar, i can't get rid of it. Big smiley face for whoever knows how to do that.

Also, you really notice how customisable Firefox is when you go back to the generic version. I decided not to move my profile across just in case some of the extensions don't like the new Firefox

Anyway, if you've used the new alpha release tell us what you think of it.

Have they fixed the memory problems yet? Or the one where you click on a link and suddenly your on 49% cpu usage. Because nice as Firefox is, its features like that which will kill it in the end.

I dont think it will get killed evah :D

But yeah the 2.0 uses a lot of resurces "They will bring them down" i hope :p

I use Firefox as my main browser caous IE cant use tabs only in the IE7 version, thats not out yet

but the extensions and themes to Firefox thats the big + for me and dont forget the tab stuff xD

I dont think it will get killed evah :D

But yeah the 2.0 uses a lot of resurces "They will bring them down" i hope :p

I use Firefox as my main browser caous IE cant use tabs only in the IE7 version, thats not out yet

but the extensions and themes to Firefox thats the big + for me and dont forget the tab stuff xD

IE sucks nuts fullstop