Possibly Stupid Question "CDRs"

Typhon66

I have had this question for quite some time, that i havnt asked before because it sounds pretty retarded i think. But here it goes.

I have some CDRs that can hold

700MB/80 minutes

I have some songs i want to put on here, that go over the 80 minute mark, but stay WELL below half of the 700 MB, is there any way to put all of this music onto the one CD?

No it's a valid question, there's a big difference between the encoding an .mp3 file uses and the encoding that you're run-of-the-mill cd player uses.  The mp3 will give you a smaller size (sometimes lower quality) but will not play on all CD players out there...

wait no I mean OMGWTFBBQ N00B everyone knows that how can you be so stuped!!!111

700MB/80 minutes

700mb Data discs, 80minutes when an audio disc. So, 700megs of MP3's as data can exceed the 80 minutes of play but ONLY when a radio your using plays mp3 cd's(or just use a pc), or 80 minutes of total audio when burned as an audio cd. They are two different formats and written differently to the disc.

The 700MB refers to the total capacity, the 80 minutes refers to how long a 44.1khz/16 bit/stereo raw wave file can be on the disc (80 minutes of uncompressed CD quality audio is ~700MB).

If you're storing MP3s or videos or whatever else, the 80 minutes part is no longer relevant because you've changed the format you're storing the data in, so the length/size ratio has changed.

You can, in a lot of cases, squeeze a couple more minutes (or a few more MB) out of the discs by "overburning" but this can damage some drives and can lead to bad writes on the disc.