Hak5 Stickers

Darren Kitchen

The Hak5 set is getting an upgrade for the upcoming fourth season and we could really use some technobucks. If you want to kick us a $5 donation we would be happy to send you a set of Hak5 and Trust Your Technolust stickers. As you’ve probably seen on the show they look great on laptops, eee PCs, Nintendo DSs, or just about k-rad gear.

hak5--stickers.jpg

We'll ship 'em anywhere, not just the US. Each set is personally mailed by a cast member. Expect 5-10 days for delivery.

http://www.hak5.org/stickers

Yeah I'll ship 'em anywhere. Just sent a dozen or so out to Ireland, Germany, UK, Finland and the Netherlands yesterday. Got a whole bunch of international stamps so I'm turning 'em around really quick.

So far the donations have covered about half the cost of a new scan converter so the video from our laptops won't look washed out (3x07) or pink! (3x09). Just picked up this guy from B&H

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/2461..._Converter.html

A big thanks to everyone's generosity.

has this been a boost in donations or is this about what's standard?

prior to this donations had dropped to zero. honestly donations were never more than a few dollars a month. don't get me wrong every little bit counts. we've just never really mentioned donations aside from once early on in season one. the links are kinda buried on the site too. this is partly due to the fact that i'm a horrible business man. if someone like Jason Calacanis were running this show I'm sure it would do more than just break even hehe.

What I see as the problem is people hate giving money as gifts, think of the negative stigma attached to it.  But now that you've asked for help 'building the new set' people are happy to help.  Next time you need some new equipment, announce it on show and ask for donations for THAT item and see how much you get.

I signed up on that PayPal donation button last year...

One day I will shell out for some gear like T's and stickers, but money is hard to come by right now with the buyout at my job and uncertainty of how long we will be there. Wish I had a petty cash account for personal spending, but you could probably get blood from a stone quicker than you could spare change out of my pocket.

• 3 weeks later...

Just put the money through then. I totally stopped watching Hak.5 last year (Started on the release of ep 1x03 i think, back when irc was on Efnet). I am gonna start watching again, download all the back eps. (Gonna take awhile, damn australian ISP and thier throttaling). I alway wanted to donate money but was unemployed and had no paypal account, but thats all changed. Enjoy the money guys, just dont go blow it on zombie hookers ok Darren.

Peace.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got mine last week and was pleasantly surprised when they came in and envelope that was hand written address shows a personal interest from the cast but thats obvious from watching the show good job guys :)