Acid3 and Acid2 test??

simcon

Yeah, dont try it in anything lower than version they link to on that page or it crashes Opera.

Might even exploitable in some way for Opera versions older than 9.27 since I am still using 9.26

As you will notice, this is not a regular Opera desktop build, but a version of WinGogi desktop.

Yeah, dont try it in anything lower than version they link to on that page or it crashes Opera.

Might even exploitable in some way for Opera versions older than 9.27 since I am still using 9.26

As you will notice, this is not a regular Opera desktop build, but a version of WinGogi desktop.

I was wondering why it dosn't work. Is it because acid2 and acid3 test different aspects of the browser or something?

The link to that specific build of Opera was made just for that test. Its not the same as the latest version of Opera, so that is why there is a difference. Its a BETA build and once they get it to work, they usually impliment it into the final versions. THere might be other features that do not work in that WinGogi  version since it is just for testing, and not for mainstream use.

Apparently safari is the only browser which actually passes that test.

I did some tests just now

FF 2.0.0.13: 52/100

Opera 9.27: 46/100

II6: 11/100

Konqueror 3.5.8 in Ubuntu 7.10: dies when attempting the test

They are all of the browsers I have available to me right now

I'm curious to know how the implementations of the features that this tests actually effect the experiences of users and web developers. I'm also to understand that the EMCA documentation on javascript is actually different to the way that javascript is actually implemented in some cases. The official documentation of the standard in some ways is in fact "non-standard"