[SOLVED]PHP mail()

EDIT: I carried on with the googling and eventually found a good tutorial that helped me set up a local mail server. I'm pretty annoyed at how easy it was =P. Anyway, if anybody else is having problems check out this tutorial: http://www.phpeasystep.com/phptu/23.html

=================================================================

Hi,

I'm trying to configure PHP Mail. I'm using WAMP, and so have complete control over the PHP settings.

I've changed the PHP.ini file to read:

CODE

[mail function]

; For Win32 only.

SMTP = smtp.googlemail.com

smtp_port = 465

; For Win32 only.

sendmail_from = fruitpastles@gmail.com

; For Unix only.  You may supply arguments as well (default: "sendmail -t -i").

;sendmail_path =

; Force the addition of the specified parameters to be passed as extra parameters

; to the sendmail binary. These parameters will always replace the value of

; the 5th parameter to mail(), even in safe mode.

;mail.force_extra_parameters =

But I get the following error (well warning):

[22-Mar-2008 14:56:41] PHP Warning: mail() [<a href='function.mail'>function.mail</a>]: Failed to connect to mailserver at "smtp.googlemail.com" port 465, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set() in C:wampwwwtestmail.php on line 9

Some googling tells me that it's probably because Gmail's SMTP server requires authentication.

I though of using Hotmail, but apparently that's purely HTTP, and I can't use my ISP Email address because I don't remember the password.

Can anybody help me out, or point me int he right direction? I'd rather not use any 3rd party classes or anything like that.

Thanks in advance.