Your view on gay's

kainchick

My point is, that what ever the truth is, i doubt very much that it appears in any religious book. I am curious, but "god did it" is a very empty answer, there is more to it than that.

As for debating you, I can't debate you, because having faith by its very nature trumps everything else. I can't prove you wrong, and you can't make me belive what you belive. So as long as you stick to matters of faith, your on safe ground, and we both know it.

It wasn't my point to get into a debate. The bible explains that we should 'stick up for the truth' but to do so in "mild temper and deep respect." It's one of those things I'm continually trying to put to the fore and yet my bad judgement get's in the way.

It's hard to reason on the bible with a person who does not believe that the bible is God's word, inspired by God and written by man. We have no ground to stand on. And it doesn't work when the one who is not a bible student quotes and misapply's scriptures then doesn't accept the answer.

Proof is only proof to those that accept it as such. You and I could go around for days, even years, explaining why either side is correct. It's not that faith trumps everything it's stubborness or a failure to be humble and learn that does it. I like to think of myself as someone who searches deeply for truth. Not everyone who believes in the bible believes "every utterance coming forth from their mouths." Many of us strive and search possibly even more or just as much as any scientist/atheist/agnostic for truth and are not swayed by just anything easily.

We as humans haven't learned, for the most part, that we have to do certain things even if we perhaps don't like them or understand them fully and are usually for our own good. You brought up the child analogy, well it apply's well and full to all of us. We are all like children who know squat when it comes down to it. Most try to figure out things on their own. Who hasn't known a child that's screwed up many times and then finally asks and accepts and answer and then succeeds? Not to be too simplistic.

The problem is that the world's religions confuse and distort the bible and the truth within it. As your probably well aware. It's very sad. The show God as a tyrant, a ruler who's crule or mean, who takes babies and is morally corrupt, etc. All of which is slander brought about by his enemy, ruler of this world and all false religion, Satan the Devil. The one who, as Revelation says, "has blinded the MINDS of the unbelievers." What a sad state of affairs. God is letting us know what we should do through the bible and yet so many lies from the "father of the lie". Like I said it's no wonder people are confused. They know (all of) Satans name(s) better than they know God's real name.

Science has done some many and wonderful things. Yet it has not cured death, quenched suffering, stopped wars and crime, helped all races and peoples live together peacefully. It will not and cannot do this.

The only way to know what the truth is for certain and who has the truth, while unfortunate and sad for many, is to let time pass. "Soon all will know," the bible says, all nations and peoples 'that I am God.'

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to play devils advocate here, but if she had valid reasons to yell at you for writing on the walls. wait. wtf. writing on the walls? i though you were in high school not preschool.

sorry i had to call you out like that but, uh, care to elaborate just a bit there?

well the thing is, its not anyone who comes to our meetings, and yea, people in highschool are still like preschoolers sometimes. I mean i know she had a valid reason its just hte tone she used.

t wasn't my point to get into a debate. The bible explains that we should 'stick up for the truth' but to do so in "mild temper and deep respect." It's one of those things I'm continually trying to put to the fore and yet my bad judgement get's in the way.

It's hard to reason on the bible with a person who does not believe that the bible is God's word, inspired by God and written by man. We have no ground to stand on. And it doesn't work when the one who is not a bible student quotes and misapply's scriptures then doesn't accept the answer.

Proof is only proof to those that accept it as such. You and I could go around for days, even years, explaining why either side is correct. It's not that faith trumps everything it's stubborness or a failure to be humble and learn that does it. I like to think of myself as someone who searches deeply for truth. Not everyone who believes in the bible believes "every utterance coming forth from their mouths." Many of us strive and search possibly even more or just as much as any scientist/atheist/agnostic for truth and are not swayed by just anything easily.

We as humans haven't learned, for the most part, that we have to do certain things even if we perhaps don't like them or understand them fully and are usually for our own good. You brought up the child analogy, well it apply's well and full to all of us. We are all like children who know squat when it comes down to it. Most try to figure out things on their own. Who hasn't known a child that's screwed up many times and then finally asks and accepts and answer and then succeeds? Not to be too simplistic.

The problem is that the world's religions confuse and distort the bible and the truth within it. As your probably well aware. It's very sad. The show God as a tyrant, a ruler who's crule or mean, who takes babies and is morally corrupt, etc. All of which is slander brought about by his enemy, ruler of this world and all false religion, Satan the Devil. The one who, as Revelation says, "has blinded the MINDS of the unbelievers." What a sad state of affairs. God is letting us know what we should do through the bible and yet so many lies from the "father of the lie". Like I said it's no wonder people are confused. They know (all of) Satans name(s) better than they know God's real name.

Science has done some many and wonderful things. Yet it has not cured death, quenched suffering, stopped wars and crime, helped all races and peoples live together peacefully. It will not and cannot do this.

The only way to know what the truth is for certain and who has the truth, while unfortunate and sad for many, is to let time pass. "Soon all will know," the bible says, all nations and peoples 'that I am God.'

i too agree that there will always be a disagreement... i am always talking to my gf about religion b/c she is strongly christian and im agnostic... i argue it with her not to try to change her mind but because as she defends things i learn more about it...i feel we should all always be searching for truth, christians or non-christians we shouldnt blindly hold on to what we believe just because we know it or it is easy we should search the facts and be willing to accept the answers.

ps: not to start another argument but the reason i have a hard time with the kind gental image of god is because that image is only about 100-150 years old before that it was fire and brimstone from the dark ages all the way to the puritans in america

i too agree that there will always be a disagreement... i am always talking to my gf about religion b/c she is strongly christian and im agnostic... i argue it with her not to try to change her mind but because as she defends things i learn more about it...i feel we should all always be searching for truth, christians or non-christians we shouldnt blindly hold on to what we believe just because we know it or it is easy we should search the facts and be willing to accept the answers.

ps: not to start another argument but the reason i have a hard time with the kind gental image of god is because that image is only about 100-150 years old before that it was fire and brimstone from the dark ages all the way to the puritans in america

Exactly... we ALL need to search with open eyes.

Actually back in biblical times they knew who God was and what type of God he was. A loving and caring creator. The problem being is that most of the world's religions and people's distorted the bible to match what they thought. This happened throughout history and still happens till today. There's a reason why Satan's name is translated as slanderer. Through Satan's influence they display god as a tyrant who when he doesn't get his way destroy's abhorent humans. A ruler who is greedy or ignorant to his creation. All of which is wrong, all of which are imperfect human qualities. The opposite rings most true. He tries to help those who choose to listen to him.

Today many churches still teach that God takes babies or other humans because he needs angels. Which is completely false. He doesn't need more angels. He has millions of them already. If he needs one do you think it's in his power to create one? Besides a loving God wouldn't take a child from his parents.

He doesn't cause grief or heartache as the bible states. He's not the one making these things happen. The scripture in Ecclesiastes brings the point out that "time and unforseen occurences befall us all". It's our own doing or just imperfect life that is the cause of suffering. Humans blame God for bad and praise him for good. How can a perfect tree bear both rotten and good fruit?

If I haven't and don't study the bible I would conclude the same thing about God. Looking upon the world's scene it's as corrupt as it comes and is not getting any better. People are killing each other earthwide. Poverty is at an all time high. Food shortages everywhere. The homeless population grows and the rich get richer. People die because they have no money or insurance for a surgery that could save their life. All because of greedy people.

But reading the bible and meditating upon it you see how God really is. It takes time to know someone. For instance if you had a long distance relationship with someone, only through letters. Would you get the full import of who they were if you just skimmed or skipped through all the letters? No of course not. Wouldn't you go through them a couple times at least? It's similar to the bible and God. It takes effort and time to learn the truth about him. Sadly many just don't care to do so.

I am actualy very impressed with everyone right now in the fact that you guys have went 6 pages of theology and sexual prefrence with out any major flame war breaking out. I think this could be a forum first. :)

I am friends with quite a few gay/lesbian folks of many different ages and all of them are really cool people. I tend to get along with everyone as long as they are not assholes. My mom's cousin is a lesbian and she has been in a solid relationship for almost 4 years now and the only thing that bugs me about it is that where they live they can't get married by law.

To me religion is a totaly self created thing that can be boosted in many ways by teaching but in the end your in control of what you yourself belive. This is what makes me so ticked about the marrage thing is because large religious groups have affected laws to take away people's freedoms. I don't know how these big groups can tell me that the children created by god as they say are wrong in wanting a loving relationship with a comitment of marrage. Isn't this one of the major things taught in chuches around the US. It's the same with kids. If a good solid couple of anytype wants to raise a child they should be able to do so by passing the same tests as any straight couple to adopt.

I think freedoms for gays/lesbians will grow in the future just as it has for other groups who have been discriminated against in the past like african americans but it will take a lot of time and a lot of work to get things done.

This is what makes me so ticked about the marrage thing is because large religious groups have affected laws to take away people's freedoms.

The act of marrying is itself a religious event.

For years now there's been something in dutch law known as 'registered partnership' which basically means that the government will consider you and your significant other a couple, presumably granting you both equal rights as married people. As it's effectively the same, it's still called marriage, and I do believe it's even possible here to get a church to bless your same-sex union (which is what the religious part of marriage is all about). Doesn't such a thing exist in the US?

Don't think so, only just got it in the UK a few months ago, kinda a cop-out though, quite why everyone shouldn't have to go register to be married, then have there own religious cermony (like all the non christians basically). Would solve a lot of problems.

Me too. But I hate straight people as well.

LOL

In the words of Jack, "There are no straight guys! Only gay men, and men who haven't met me!"

Jack is great! But Karen...erm, Anastasia Beaverhausen gets me every time. :lol:

The world is a misterious place, fill you life with the things you love and the people you love who ever or whatever they be and live your life to its fullest because you only get one!.

My only problem with homosexuals is that it destroys the family, and i hold family very dear to me thats my only issue

thanks, BTW australia isnt the futherest down under that watches hak5!! NEW ZEALAND WOOOP WOOOP

My only problem with homosexuals is that it destroys the family, and i hold family very dear to me thats my only issue

For Some familys who don't accept Homosexuality it does, but some familys are okay with it and love their kids anyways there are also parents who dont like it but accept their kids and if the kids hide it from them they can start fighting with their parents and after they come out to them, it can restore peace in the family, and around america there are pflag meetings for familys to attend, and to help them be okay with it. Its like family counceling and its free.You just have to drive to it.

• 2 years later...

I'm a Heterosexual male Atheist. I think Homosexuality is un-natural, and in the case of men, pretty gross.

That being said, people are free to choose, and I don't treat them any differently for it. Except:

I do not support gay adoption, and I think adoption should be a very-last-resort for straight couples.

As for AIDS, that comes with sleeping around, something which I don't think is sensible at all. I personally find that condoms ruin sex, so if the girl's on the pill and you haven't slept around - you can get away with it.

I do not support gay adoption, and I think adoption should be a very-last-resort for straight couples.

Sorry, to spit all over your comment, but I think gay couples should be able to adopt. What gives a Man and a Women who hate each other more of a right to adopt than two Men/Women who love each other.

I have no problems with Homosexuality as I have many gay friends and they dont bother me in the slightest. It does bother me when their eating each others faces beside me though.

As I recall

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/.y2k98R44eVSZx3Eu9aCSTYnxJ9DQobf

has a bit where Darren is joking about a fan-fic that was later removed from the forums, during the software change.

The title, for all of the new people, was 'Darren + Wess yaoi fan-fic NSFW'.

Gay people are completely fine, and yes, I know Darren isn't gay.