SafeNet sentinel USB authentication token

phunka

So I've come across a couple of these, and would like to 'unlock' them or see whats actually on them. Problem is I have a mac, and I'm not too sure how I go about it.

the token itself lights up when plugged in, but it doesnt show up at all anywhere else. Any ideas?

These are usually used for logging into a VPN from remote locations and allows you to authenticate via the USB key. Not sure what else they would have on them, but that depends on who deployed the drive.

Do you know what eversion of it the key is? There is a bug in some of them where when plugged into a system, you can browse its contents by plugging in your ip address and a certian port number and the contents will show whats listed on the key but I think it requires windows in order to work, not an apple OS.

I've looked on the SN site and found some infomation on them, but not 100% on what version. If they are used to connect to a VPN then i would really like to see the information. I have a feeling its used as user/password type key, which still makes me want to see it.

i'll have to dig out my old dell laptop

• 2 months later...
So I've come across a couple of these, and would like to 'unlock' them or see whats actually on them. Problem is I have a mac, and I'm not too sure how I go about it.

the token itself lights up when plugged in, but it doesnt show up at all anywhere else. Any ideas?

Depending on if its the Safenet Sentinel UltraPro or SuperPro series it is really tricky to do through Windows. If you run Linux however, it's a piece of cake! ;)