Iso on u3

MBP

I have a toshiba u3 2 gig and i want to put an iso to run as the cd on my usb. But when i got to add the iso it say i can only add special u3 file format. This is not a newb password haking thing this is a running linux on my usb but still using it as a normal usb.

As far as I know the ISO is limited to 6MB or so, though I may be wrong, I've never tried larger ISOs myself. Note though that you can install Linux (Slax is a nice choice) on a regular non-U3 USB stick pretty easily, the only disadvantage is that it won't work on older machines that can't boot from USB natively.

As far as I know the ISO is limited to 6MB or so, though I may be wrong, I've never tried larger ISOs myself. Note though that you can install Linux (Slax is a nice choice) on a regular non-U3 USB stick pretty easily, the only disadvantage is that it won't work on older machines that can't boot from USB natively.

The cd partition can be stretched as far as you like.

As to the iso, follow this guide:

http://wiki.gonzor228.com/index.php/Installation

Skip step 3.  On step 4, copy your iso instead.  Skip all steps after 7 as well.

Yes i have used slax and dsl before on a usb but i still want to use the usb and a usb drive and boot from the cd partion of the usb when needed.

--I assumed as much

Also the guide doesnt work

Can you be a little more specific than, 'the guide didn't work'?  If you can't get it to work following that guide, you will never be able to (as in theres no other way never) get it to work.