Laptop review sites

Mr_Mischif

I'm in the market for a new laptop and don't know what I want to get, so I just want to see what's out there. I know a few people on here frequent some sites like this so I'm wondering where you would go.

Also, if anyone has any laptop suggestions I'm welcome to them. I'd basically only use it for web browsing, a bit of coding, and some rare gaming excursions. Only exceptions:

No Dells (dude, I'm not getting one.)

No Sonys

under $1500 if possible

At least a 15.4" screen.

Thanks in advance!

Get a used Apple Macbook Pro if you can. the new ones are not much better than the resent Santa Rosa ones.

I have thought about a refurb MBP, and with my educational discount I could probably pick a nice one up for cheap. But Alienware lappys are probably going to be out of my price range.

Pay for corporate support, get a next business day on-site warranty and you'll be fine. As for Indians, they're fine, its the Scottish you have to worry about. I have no fucking clue what they speak.

Pay for corporate support, get a next business day on-site warranty and you'll be fine. As for Indians, they're fine, its the Scottish you have to worry about. I have no fucking clue what they speak.

Here I thought if anyone could understand what they are saying it would be you.  A Brit that comes into contact with many a Scotsman.  I work with one, and I feel like an idiot asking him to repeat everything.  Half the time I just kind of say yeah, without really understanding a word he says.

I currently have an HP and it works great. Can't say so much about their service though.

I bought mine a few years ago and all of a sudden, my screen begins to flicker [like its broken].

First, I assume that I in some way damaged it. Contrary to my beliefs, customer service said that my monitor model

had been recalled last year and it was my fault for not checking earlier.

But other than that little incident, HP is great.

AcerAcerAcerAcerAcerAcerAcerAcerAcerAcerAcerAcerAcerAcerAcerAcerAcerAcerAcerAcer

AcerAcerAcerAcerAcerAcerAcerAcer

AcerAcerAcerAcerAcerAcerAcerAcerAcerAcerAcerAcerAcerAcerAcerAcerAcerAcerAcerAcer

I thought about Dell, but every time I see one I think the designs are bland and uninspiring, or I dread having to talk to some Indian when (and I do mean when) it breaks down.

1. Bland design? It's a laptop, it's a tool, if you want a fasion symbol buy a Mac

2. Indian technical is ok... first few times it's annoying, but after dealing with hundreds of Dell computers you know what to say, lets be honest most of us here are from a technical background, I'm not going to hate on someone reading from a script in India but I know when a motherboard is fucked, I know when a disk is knackered - 90% of the time I lie to Dell just to get off the phone, am I really going to run a 3 hour diag? No, Just tell them you've already run it and it showed no disk problems etc etc

3. NBD Support from Dell wins hands down for me (especially when it comes to servers)