Remove/Replace non-U3 CD Partition from USB drive

engineman

Hi,

I hope u could help me...

I've got a 64 GB flash drive.

Device Name: +[G:]+USB Mass Storage Device(Generic Card-Reader USB Device)

PnP Device ID: VID = 1908 PID = 0221

Serial Number: 20090909180003

Revision: 1.02

Device Type: Standard USB device - USB2.0 High-Speed

Chip Vendor: (No match record)

Chip Part-Number: (No match record)

Product Vendor: Generic

Product Model: Card-Reader

Tools on Web: (N/A)

In google i have searched many but there is no use pls find the tool for fixing this pendrive and the process to reuse my flash drive.

Thanks for the attention!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, got one chipgenius doesn't have links for, any help would be appreciated:

Device Name: ++[E:][F:]+USB Mass Storage Device(SD/CP Abra USB Device)(SD/CP Abra USB Device)

PnP Device ID: VID = 0781 PID = 5E0F

Serial Number: 425510027BA0C867

Revision: 6.61/6.61

Product Vendor: SD/CP

Product Model: Abra

What error message does it show ? (you need admin-rights and maybe UAC can mess things up to)

What's on the CD-ROM ?

On some sandisk drives the CD-removal tool is inside the Launchpad.exe file,

you may be able to extract it with "Universal extractor" or something ..

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I have a little 1 gb promo usb key i got a few years ago. It has a 47mb cdfs partition. Like the person that posted on page 1, it has VID = 0204 and PID = 6025, the chip part number according to chipgenius is cbm2080/cbm2090/cbm1190. I have tried the umptool for 2090 and 209X and it doesnt even show up in the latter, and the former doesn't seem to work. After running for around 7 hours, it has a full bar on the left and the right says: "F:BAD:2048/2048,Low Level Scanning..."

please let me know what my next step should be. I have seen umptool 2080 linked on multiple pages, but the download link is dead.

Thanks

ebs

Flashboot.ru has 2 tools for cbm2080, try those and see if it solves the problem:

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&sl=ru&tl=en&u=http://flashboot.ru/Files-file-159.html&rurl=translate.google.com&usg=ALkJrhgPJI-Mx2-UqTljiK7bVXKQRIWcGw

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&sl=ru&tl=en&u=http://flashboot.ru/Files-file-74.html&rurl=translate.google.com&usg=ALkJrhiT9hgcVs3JcCNDPRfKm1PdEZdSyg

Some of the older tools may have problems working on Vista/win7 and you need admin-rights.

Some antivirus-software may also interfere and you should insure that nothing is accessing the flash-drive..

I didn't try either of the programs that you suggested, but i may have used them before. I figured out why they weren't working though. The chipgenius data was wrong. I popped open the usb drive and its actually a 2092, and i was able to find a program that worked for me. However, it gives me 7/4096 bad sectors, but a capacity of only 503 mb, as opposed to the 1 gb that it actually is... CBM tool says: capacity = 1024 mbs, but on the line beside the progress bar, i have Cap.: 503mb. Any ideas on how to solve this?

Greetings,

I've tried to find some way of handling this on my own, but I'm hoping the expertise here may be able to help.

I received a USB drive and am trying to get rid of the partition.

Chipgenius reports the following:

Device Name: ++[F:][J:]+USB Mass Storage Device(USB 2.0 Flash Disk USB Device)(USB 2.0 Flash ...

PnP Device ID: VID = 1223 PID = 3234

Serial Number: 2006092100530866

Revision: 3.00/3.01

Device Type: Standard USB device - USB2.0 Full-Speed (USB1.1)

Product Vendor: USB

Product Model: 2.0 Flash Disk

If there's anyone who may be able to point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!

b.

I didn't try either of the programs that you suggested, but i may have used them before. I figured out why they weren't working though. The chipgenius data was wrong. I popped open the usb drive and its actually a 2092, and i was able to find a program that worked for me. However, it gives me 7/4096 bad sectors, but a capacity of only 503 mb, as opposed to the 1 gb that it actually is... CBM tool says: capacity = 1024 mbs, but on the line beside the progress bar, i have Cap.: 503mb. Any ideas on how to solve this?

If you open the 'Settings'-dialog you can choose the NAND-type in 'Flash-settings' .

It's possible you have to choose the correct NAND-type/capacity manually ...

• 2 weeks later...

I like many am trying to remove the CDFS partition on a bulk set of USB Drives.

I have some LiveCall USB's made possibly by Hauri, the cdfs partion is an AV scanner. ITs terrible and sends data back home.

Device Name: +[D:]+USB Mass Storage Device(IOCELL VaccineDrive USB Device)

PnP Device ID: VID = 067B PID = 2517

Serial Number: 7&&221D08EF&&0&&1

Revision: 1.00

Chip Vendor: PROLIFIC(??)

Chip Part-Number: PL-2518

Product Vendor: IOCELL

Product Model: VaccineDrive

Tools on Web: http://bbs.mydigit.cn/read.php?tid=49002

I have gone to Flashboot.ru, tried the prolific download v21400, but the documentation states the device has to be inserted and has to be a prolific device, and additional mfr modifications will cause the format tool to not work.

I know removal of the CDFS is possible as a coworker in another branch office was able to get it off but refused to disclose the secret.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a 2GB promotional USB mini-stick (no way to take it apart) and I'm trying to get rid of the CD partition. So far my search led me to it being an ITE chip, and the removal tool being IT1167 MPTool, but I can't figure out how to use it for the life of me. Am I on the right track?

VID: 048d

PID: 1167

• 3 weeks later...

Good Day to all. I just spent that day reading up on this post and its amazing to see that there is a lot of USB flash drives out there with CD images on them. I am amazed. So, my reason for finding this site and signing up to ask for help is I recently came across one of the new MacBook Air Recovery Flash Drives. This bad boy is 8GB's of sexiness, unfortunately its completely locked with a cd image. At first all I wanted was to clear the flash drive to be able to use it but after reading that its possible to clear the disk and then reimage it with another cd image, i started to get to thinking I would prefer to clear it and then reimage it with a Snow Leopard Clean install disc that I have purchased so I can use that instead of the disc for my needs. BUT baby steps first right. So to begin I have downloaded the USBDeview and have loaded a screenshot of what it gave me below. I would like any help I can get from the pro's to unlock this flash drive and hopefully reimage it again. Thanks in advance for any help!!!

appleUSB.jpg

Below is info from card mounted onto laptop through USB cable attached to phone (card is in phone). These cards used to be a single FAT16 partition, but now have the CDFS partition and a self-installing boot system, so when they are connected to a PC, the CD partition self-starts and installs a driver. Problem is before the last update, car radios that have a USB cable connection could read the card from the phone and play music since they could see the full card's data partition. Now, the car radios don't see the FAT16 partition anymore since they default to the first partition - in this case it's the CDFS partition.

I can either go through the phone's USB connection to fix this, or I have a MicroSD card reader that works fine in my laptop's USB port. Can anyone help. Below is the info from ChipGenius. Thanks.

Device Name: +[G:]+USB Mass Storage Device(Motorola A955 USB Device)

PnP Device ID: VID = 22B8 PID = 42A3

Serial Number: 015D96600E00401C

Revision: 0001

Product Vendor: Motorola

Product Model: A955

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys I wonder if its possible to remove the cdfs parttition on this device:

Device Name: +[J:]+Dispositivo de almacenamiento masivo USB(HUAWEI Mass Storage USB Device)

PnP Device ID: VID = 12D1 PID = 1406

Serial Number: 5&&1BBE8508&&0&&8

Revision: 2.31

Product Vendor: HUAWEI

Product Model: Mass Storage

Info below taken from chipgenius. Cannot find the right mft tool for this vendor. Its a usb modem...

Any help and/or indications would be really appreciated!!

thanks in advance!

• 2 months later...

Hi!

I have a 2Gb USB with a cdfs partition on it an a Fat32 one.

I would like to change the programs on the CDFS partition to include some software.

The information about the USB is:

USB\VID_090C&PID_1000\FBF1101122730156

I tryed with SMI_I1126 wich i see that is the correct program to do it, but it didn't recognice my USB...

Can anyone help me?

Thanks!!

Hi!

I have a 2Gb USB with a cdfs partition on it an a Fat32 one.

I would like to change the programs on the CDFS partition to include some software.

The information about the USB is:

USB\VID_090C&PID_1000\FBF1101122730156

I tryed with SMI_I1126 wich i see that is the correct program to do it, but it didn't recognice my USB...

Can anyone help me?

Thanks!!

I used again the program, and after configuring it, after I install the Mass production Drivers, in the SMI Mass production Tool, I click (as is said in the instructions) the Scan USB. After that, the program just freeze and nothing happened....

Any idea?

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

okay i have a buffalo ext hdd that uses a encryption key to unlock the drive. all of the encryption stuff is held on a cdfs partition.does anyone know how to get rid of this? wiping the drive is fie just want to be able to use it as a normal ext hdd

vid:0441

pid:012b

controller: onspec xsil 261-g

also has a jmh 330 chip on the pcb.

if any other info is need please let me know. i could really use this hdd

• 2 months later...

IOSys I hope you can help me :)

I have a USB which I believe is U3, when I connect it up to my pc it opens up the RUN command on windows and types in a website and launches it.

The weird thing is that it doesn't show up as anything in windows explorer, not a CD drive or a Removable device.

Here's what ChipGenius says about it:

Device Name: +USB Input Device

PnP Device ID: VID = 05AC PID = 020B

Serial Number: 5&&28A57818&&0&&1

Revision: (Information not returned)

Device Type: Standard USB device - USB2.0 Full-Speed (USB1.1)

Product Vendor: USB

Product Model: Input Device

Is there any way of me accessing the filesystem?

its a virgin media branded usb and has a tiny chip inside which has a "W" logo with "24C02C" next to it and "352981030" underneath.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Description: [F:]USB Mass Storage Device(SanDisk Cruzer)

Device Type: Mass Storage Device

Protocal Version: USB 2.00

Current Speed: High Speed

Max Current: 200mA

USB Device ID: VID = 0781 PID = 5530

Serial Number: 20060572700C488027FA

Device Vendor: SanDisk

Device Name: Cruzer

Device Revision: 0126

Manufacturer: SanDisk

Product Model: Cruzer

Product Revision: 1.26

Chip Part-Number: Unknown

thats what chip geniu says ive tried 4 or 5 uninstalls and nothing has worked so far hopefully someone can help