Windows XP Pro Firewall Unistall

revolations2525

I have did some googling and found this little tut. I was wondering if you guys have any opinions about removing/deleting the Windows Firewall. The only reason, that I want to delete it, because it causes havoc with about 85% of my programs and games. Some times it causes them to lockup or just plane crash.

I have tried the play disable it thing, but no luck.

this is the tut. that I found. Is is reliable?

http://www.xpmaximized.com/archives/uninst...p-firewall.html

Disable the services for "Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing" and "Security Center".

I never had a problem with disabling it, as I dont use the built in windows security at all.

Alrighty, Cool, Thanks for the help :P , everything seems to be working a lot better, and  smoother, none of them pesky pop-up things, that say, "would you like to let this program access the internet". (things drove me about nuts).

I have a firewall built into  the router than I'am using. I just never knew that Windows firewall would cause a havoc like this, never had this problem before. Ah, stuff happens.  :?

• 2 weeks later...
Alrighty, Cool, Thanks for the help :P , everything seems to be working a lot better, and  smoother, none of them pesky pop-up things, that say, "would you like to let this program access the internet". (things drove me about nuts).

I have a firewall built into  the router than I'am using. I just never knew that Windows firewall would cause a havoc like this, never had this problem before. Ah, stuff happens.  :?

Odd, I never got that when I used Windows Firewall. I switched about 5 minutes after the install to my own hardware firewall + Comodo