.ca blocked bc of region

jamiers

Please don't flame me!  I am trying to get more knowledge about "covert" ways to get to things.  Recently mtv.ca blocked viewing videos from the US.  I tried using TOR and using aliveproxy.com to get to those videos (so I can download them), but nothing seems to allow me to get past the region blocking.  Either the anon proxies online don't allow the flash player through, or the flash player comes through and I still get the message about not being able to download because I am not in Canada.... does anyone have any ideas for me (that are free?)?

Thanks!

Jamie

You need a proxy that can rewrite flash objects (either doesn't exists or is very expensive and would likely be illegal in America). The flash player will be contacting the site directly even if you downloaded the page through a proxy.

TOR should have worked (providing you did complete traffic forwarding rather then using a local proxy) if the exit node was in Canada.

You need a proxy that can rewrite flash objects (either doesn't exists or is very expensive and would likely be illegal in America). The flash player will be contacting the site directly even if you downloaded the page through a proxy.

TOR should have worked (providing you did complete traffic forwarding rather then using a local proxy) if the exit node was in Canada.

sparda's right make sure u putt in the proxy settings in yer control panel > networkconnections , not just your browser ...

sparda's right make sure u putt in the proxy settings in yer control panel > networkconnections , not just your browser ...

That's not what I ment. This flash player will likly not work at all behind a proxy. So even if you specifie a proxy it won't use it (designed in by choice probably). You must have full traffic farwarding.

If they detect browser or encoding settings and it says anything like "English, [en-US]" or anything with "US" in it, it might get blocked even through a proxy in canada.

If they detect browser or encoding settings and it says anything like "English, [en-US]" or anything with "US" in it, it might get blocked even through a proxy in canada.

That is a very bad way to detect where some one is on the planet using the Internet. The best way is to know the Canadan ISP's IP blocks and white list them.