VPN Recommendations?

sablefoxx

OK i'll give you it's be another attack vector but really anything badly writen/configured would be too and if you mis-configure/mis-manage  the VPN server encryption it worthless

proof by the fact that I've found client keys and certs in an apache directory listing at that point you're screwed

One more for openVPN though I wish they made setup a bit easier. I'd go with ipsec over pptp too. I've seen some SSL based VPN solutions but afaik their performance is craptacular.

I've used Himatchi recently but they were recently acquired by Logmein and I'm not sure what the state of their security is. Not exactly what I'd call an enterprise level solution but it worked when I needed to send a bit file to my g/f.

I'm no expert (by far!) and am keen to look into OpenVPN.  It looks to be a nightmare to configure properly.  Maybe it could be included in a future episode?  I know there are likely to be several here who are very familiar with it and such a slot may be regarded as a waste of time but I suspect there are more like me who'd really value a step through.

It's just an idea for Darren to consider.