Embedded flash player for Hak5

Darren Kitchen

I'm also for stage6. It has the best quality of all the free video-hosting-services that I know of and for Windows users the web player is easy to install. And like others here said, there are a lot of other ways to watch Hak5. That's what I love about this show. You guys have divX, Xvid, mp4, flash and what not. So I think Linux, Mac and BSD Users should be able to find a way to be able to download the files and watch them on their system.

just so you know if you use stage6 I will not use the new site I will get a download link from #hak5 because the divx player = the suck + epic fail

You can just instlal the xvid codec and play it in any player you want. I dont have the divx plugin but I can still play all the videos from Stage6(after downloading them).

just so you know if you use stage6 I will not use the new site I will get a download link from #hak5 because the divx player = the suck + epic fail

Why?

Every single time I use the divx player, my mouse disappears from the firefox window and I need to restart firefox.  That pisses me the fuck off.

I broke Alex Lindsays macbook once by suggesting he try out stage6 right before one of his segments on call for help. Granted this was over a year ago so things may have changed on the mac side but honestly stage6 is out of the question for embedded. Unless I find some ajaxy code that allows me to let users choose between multiple embedded options this isn't going to be offered on site. That said stage6 will likely be used for a possible HD version to be uploaded between seasons.

how bout DailyMotion  ?

its big , popular , and recently started support for uploading & playback of HD video ....

o and something most others dont have , it'll work on the wii :p (youtube and DailyMotion are pretty much the only 2 who will)