New to Coding

mlangusmc

Wats up everyone, I've just joined up on the forums, been reading them for some time though.  I found out about Hak. 5 about a month ago and I've always been interested in coding and making my own apps. 

This post is for help for a newbie. . . . What programs or any suggestions on what I need to know or do to start learning how to write code or read and understand it a little better.  I've heard the Visual Basics 6 is a good start for beginners, anything else as far as reading or hnads on type stuff????

python is really easy to learn and powerful , you can learn the basics in an hour ,

this is a good tutorial : http://hetland.org/writing/instant-hacking.html

I love Python, it's so quick and easy, everyone should be coding in it. I still believe in the right tool for the right job so Python is not the best option for a lot of things but it's the best place to start coding. At some point if you like coding your need to learn c/c++ but you can leave that a while.

python is really easy to learn and powerful , you can learn the basics in an hour ,

this is a good tutorial : http://hetland.org/writing/instant-hacking.html

I love Python, it's so quick and easy, everyone should be coding in it. I still believe in the right tool for the right job so Python is not the best option for a lot of things but it's the best place to start coding. At some point if you like coding your need to learn c/c++ but you can leave that a while.

true , i started coding and it is really easy to write something you can use in python and now i still write in python but i want to learn a new language like c or c++ maybe perl