daul moniters, one won't start

proskater123

I am tryiong to use dual screens and having a problem. i have a pent 4 with 2.40ghz with an integrated intel extrem 2 and a pci xpert 128 graphics card. when i take the expert out my integrated works. and when i put it in my integrated won't work. i look in the devise manager and devise manager and it says under the display adapters " intel® 82865g graphics controller " and uner the devise status it says This device cannot start. (Code 10)  any ideas how to get them to work together???

You can not use an integrated VGA with an add in card. The add in card must support dual monitors and have two outputs on the card itself, or have two of the same add in cards that support dual monitors either by way of software or cable between the two cards.

The integrated card should be turne doff in the bios and only use the add in card(if it has two outputs)

You can not use an integrated VGA with an add in card. The add in card must support dual monitors and have two outputs on the card itself, or have two of the same add in cards that support dual monitors either by way of software or cable between the two cards.

The integrated card should be turne doff in the bios and only use the add in card(if it has two outputs)

I got both integrated and a add in VGA to work.  I forget how, but it was with a lot of tinkering and it took me a while.