"unable to rip mp3....."

banana split

Hey folks.  I keep getting the PJ java window telling me to make sure i have pandora running but it is running in the page that comes up when i do the localhost thing. Have read everything and even reverted to . 07 firefox and still cant get anything to work.  Any advice?  This program is a godsend once i can get it to work. . . . so i can finally listen to pandora at the gym and doing chores etc.  So let me know how to get it fixed I would be most appreciative. 

-Banana

• 4 weeks later...

Seconded.  I have the same error.  Am using latest version of Firefox, if that makes any difference, but am using Flash 8, as per instructions.  Appears to be unable to rip the MP3, giving me the error "unable to rip MP3 unable to find file make sure you have Pandora running in a FIRFOX browser".  Am certain would be excellent program, if only it worked reliably.

Seconded.  I have the same error.  Am using latest version of Firefox, if that makes any difference

It does, revert back to 2.0.0.9 and this might fix your problem.

Hey folks.  I keep getting the PJ java window telling me to make sure i have pandora running but it is running in the page that comes up when i do the localhost thing. Have read everything and even reverted to . 07 firefox and still cant get anything to work.  Any advice?  This program is a godsend once i can get it to work. . . . so i can finally listen to pandora at the gym and doing chores etc.  So let me know how to get it fixed I would be most appreciative. 

-Banana

Try disabling any other addins you might have installed for trouble shooting. Also, it won't work if you are using anything newer than flash 8.xx r XX I can't remember the minor version or revision number off the top of my head; if you look around the forums a bit you can find that out pretty easily.

Seconded.  I have the same error.  Am using latest version of Firefox, if that makes any difference

It does, revert back to 2.0.0.9 and this might fix your problem.

How? The only version I can find for download is 2.0.0.12, and I cannot find any option for "revert to older version".

Look around the forums here... Someone posted a link to the Mozilla archive for older versions.

I'd look for it myself, but I have to study for finals... 18hrs worth of 16 week long courses crammed into 8 weeks is a pain in the ass.

i did  a standalone one because it is a security risk to be using a older version of a browser for  everyday browsing  that way the older browser will be used just for pandora while the newer  firefox remains  which allows more secure browsing

the old switching to older firefox worked before but it really was not meant to be used that long as a solution to the problem firefox is secure because the makers  are willing to listen to users and fix security problems 

while the old version of firefox will work on most sites, i wouldn't trust it on  some ddl and warez sites or other  questionable sites  people tend to go to

I agree with you whole heartedly Razor. I learned a long time ago while doing my penance as a phone tech support person that sometimes, people just want to do it their way. Because of that, I've stopped trying to save people and just do what I can to point them in the direction they want to go.

:)

(If I seem bitchy, I apologize. I don't intend to be.)

• 4 months later...

I have Firefox 2.0.0.6 and Flash 8.0.22.0 and it still gives me the same message: "unable to rip mp3..." Works on the standalone but doesn't give me the album info (art, title). Does this version give all that? Is the standalone supposed the better newer version because it's more automatic? I know it may be difficult and I haven't read in the forum enough to know if you are already doing this but maybe you should try to get it to work with the newest Firefox and Flash.

so here's the deal i think:

Normal Pandora's Jar is currently not functional due to a recent change in the way pandora is coded (i think...?)

Yes the standalone works

No, it doesn't fetch album art/album title

The standalone is better because it works right now

I am unsure of the status as far as getting it to work with firefox 3 and flash 9 r124...it's REALLY difficult to get a response from someone WORKING on the code i find...

And thats the scenario i think.

Ok, thanks. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't just me who wasn't getting the album art and I wanted to make sure the Standalone was the latest thing that works. I've tried so many other programs to try to rip from Pandora and they have all failed (I won't mention them to avoid bashing). This one has been the only one that works. So I guess then we'll all wait to get the version that can get the album info.

Will using the standalone version allow me to have the new firefox broswer and Flash Player 9? Does it use the old versions automatically regardless of what I have? I don't mind too much about the old Firefox version because I always use IE for browsing but a lot of stuff out there requires Flash 9 and doesn't work with Flash 8.

• 4 weeks later...