disable keyboard & mouse

G-Stress

Anybody know of a method to disable the keyboard & mouse on 2000/XP that can be done via batch? I found a couple useful links with info, haven't really tried any yet. Figured I'd ask here to see if anyone had any idea. I'm planning on implementing it into a payload (of course) that im currently working on, but I only want it to be disabled for a limited time. (30 seconds) or so.

My payload launches a video first while executing the rest of the process. The video lasts about 30-40 seconds then it's all done, I mainly want to disable the keyboard and mouse that way the video cannot be closed or minimized, etc. I want it to remain fullscreen until the video is done, then re-enable the keyboard and mouse.

I was thinking of maybe if possible a batch to disable them in device manager, then re-enable them. Here's a few useful links I've found so far.

http://www.jsifaq.com/SF/Tips/Tip.aspx?id=9554

http://help.lockergnome.com/windows/Disabl...pict448378.html

http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.php?t=375692

If this is too "black hat" according to the mod's sorry. I am a bit buzzed at the time as well ;) Thanks in advance for anyone interested in sharing idea's, input, etc. time for another beer :)

Use VB6 or .net, create a form that has Media Player embedded and have it play your file. Make the form load full screen, no title/caption bar and set to always on top, as well as making it disable CTRL+alt+Delete and keep the mouse so when it moves it always goes to a certain x/y location. It can be done, but be carefull to add a timer to disable it after so many seconds/minutes, as when testing it, you wont be able to disable it and have to reboot to try again.

Not going to give you all the code, but try PSC and google for the rest.

well, I kan do you one better... set an alternative keyboard set other than qwerty

and set it to a keyboard shortcut for example when you press ctrl+alt+shift+a

the keyboard will change to another char set and when anyone tries to use your

keyboard they wont be able to type anything because what they push doesnt

get typed, its a classic pc prank =]

check control panel for these settings [assuming that your using win xp]

actually disregard what i just said because I didnt actually read what you posted

until after my post, I wrote that entirely from the topic lol that wont help you to

have an unclosable vid run lol

Use VB6 or .net, create a form that has Media Player embedded and have it play your file. Make the form load full screen, no title/caption bar and set to always on top, as well as making it disable CTRL+alt+Delete and keep the mouse so when it moves it always goes to a certain x/y location. It can be done, but be carefull to add a timer to disable it after so many seconds/minutes, as when testing it, you wont be able to disable it and have to reboot to try again.

Not going to give you all the code, but try PSC and google for the rest.

wouldn't want to be helpful

not even a link to something that might help out