C++ Porting 32bit to 64bit

hexlax

• 1 month later...

It needs the 64bit libraries to link with.  As long as the function exists (is defined somewhere) then 32 bit code should compile and link on a 64bit setup.  After all, as someone here said, the only thing that really changes, as far as i know, is the data type sizes.  In visual Studio 2008, (I'm not using Express) find the build mode selector up top, which probably says Win32.  Click the pop-down and choose config manager.  For the active solution platform, choose new, then choose x64 from the list, coping settings from Win32.  That worked for me

It needs the 64bit libraries to link with.  As long as the function exists (is defined somewhere) then 32 bit code should compile and link on a 64bit setup.  After all, as someone here said, the only thing that really changes, as far as i know, is the data type sizes.  In visual Studio 2008, (I'm not using Express) find the build mode selector up top, which probably says Win32.  Click the pop-down and choose config manager.  For the active solution platform, choose new, then choose x64 from the list, coping settings from Win32.  That worked for me

Your signature animation says "I, for one, support good grammar", yet it has a "dont" which is missing an apostrophe.

• 3 years later...

Did a big of Googling and found these links that should give you an idea on how to write x64 bits apps using C++.

http://www.google.com.au/#hl=en&biw=1920&bih=989&q=Writing+x64bit+apps+in+C%2B%2B&aq=f&aqi=&aql=f&oq=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=458a10716cc090e6

• 2 weeks later...