Win 98

Pizza

"Wake on lan" turned on by any chance?

Or pc is just old as sh*t and power supply is failing?

New OS plz.

AOL says: "Windows 98 does not support broadband".

AOL can lick my nuts. Since when does OS determine Broadband capabilities?

Its what they support, not what the os supports. even more so when you think that most of there support staff wouldn't have been in high school when that came out. having had to support win98 and dsl myself, i'm glad they say that.

xubuntu would be possible, kde on that would be horrible

If it was me I'd forget about X on that, and just use it as a headless server.

I would probably install Ubuntu server then install xorg with fluxbox. This does require a good bit of prior knowledge.

there is a fluxubuntu live cd out there but

Ye, fluxbuntu is the ultra lazy way of doing it, but it's a fork and not properly supported. I've learned It's best to stick with the stuff that Canonical supports (should that be endorses?) so that you don't risk your OS going completely out of date. This obviously doesn't just apply to Ubutnu but to any commercially supported OS. Red Hat users pay lots of money for support from Red Hat. Novell does things that I don't understand... but they use Linux... I think... and it's users probably pay for support if they use it. Windows users don't pay Microsoft any thing for support, so in return they get patches for problems that are 6 months old. Back on topic; you don't get the level of support Red Hat and Novell offer from Canonical (it's free, stop complaining!), but your guaranteed your OS will be supported with in it's defined life time (each version has a pre-defined support life), and for any tech support you need there is always Google, the Ubuntu Forums and the Gentoo Wiki.

there is a fluxubuntu live cd out there but

DLS ftw

DSL....

no no I meant the "Damn, Linux can be really really Small if you work hard at it, but yet it will still have most of the functionality" distro

it's a new distro I'm not surprised you haven't heard of it, only the really 1337 know where it's kept

no no I meant the "Damn, Linux can be really really Small if you work hard at it, but yet it will still have most of the functionality" distro

it's a new distro I'm not surprised you haven't heard of it, only the really 1337 know where it's kept

Oh...ok. And I suppose bats might fly out me bung hole if I squeeze real hard.

There is DLS(Desktop Linux Server) based on Mandrake, but I think it has been discontinued. And its still larget than DSL....