The PS3... but sticking with hacking

Sparda

Apparently with the PS3 you will be able to connect it to a computer using USB and save game files on your computers hard drive. Good idea on sonys part. However, looking at it from our point of view (the point of view of "Thats a cool feature, how can we abuse it?"), it surgests to me that this would potentialy make software modding possible, or at least some thing similare to that trick that was doable with a GTA save file on the PSP... any thoughts?

Yeah that would definately open up an easy way of injecting code/modifying the save games. But with internet/wifi/card reader etc theres already going to a whole lot of possible ways of hacking the PS3. Unlike the PS2 where it is rather complex and often costly.

See, whilst I'll probably get all three consoles eventually, there is one thing that sold me to Nintendo's latest venture.

No, not the silly name, but the ability to download the backcatalog of Nintendo games.

Castlevania, Bubble Bobble, and Street Fighter 2 anyone?

• 3 weeks later...
See, whilst I'll probably get all three consoles eventually, there is one thing that sold me to Nintendo's latest venture.

No, not the silly name, but the ability to download the backcatalog of Nintendo games.

Castlevania, Bubble Bobble, and Street Fighter 2 anyone?

Exite Bike, F-zero, Mike Tysons Punchout, SHAQ FU!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

All depends on the system they use to format/partition the hard drive and encription of the gamesaves.

But atleast you have an easy connection to start with lol

It's supposed to be built on linux anyway no? (Stated - I think - by Sony along with there vicarious remarks about supporting homebrew)